Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopped birth control, now irregular periods!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped birth control, now irregular periods!

Hi,
    I stopped taking birth control about 4 months ago, after about four years of taking it. I had one period after about 2 months and I havn't had one since (sorry I cant be more specific about the dates, I dont know exactly what they are!)
    So I've been waiting for my second period, and over the last 4 or 5 days I have had very mild cramps and just that 'feeling' that you get before you get your period starts if you know what i mean, and i've been very moody - all of these symptoms are very usual for my pmt but besides it feeling like its going to start any second now, there has been days of this but no period!
    I'm just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms after stopping birth control, and if its normal that it feels like this for days without my period actually coming!
    Thankyou
    Rosie x

• It's happened to me twice now. My old birth control bothered my stomach so I quit taking it twice.and each time I stopped,I would not have a period for 2-3 months.I was releived yesterday to find out I've started for the first time in almost 3 months now. I'm pretty sure getting off of the pill throws off your hormonal balance. I wouldn't worry too much sweetie. Stressing also makes it worse,and prevents your period,so try not to stress.

Comment

• It took more than a year for my periods to have any sort of schedule after stopping birth control. I didn't have my period for 4months once during that time. It's completely normal.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X