Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sex without protection by the end of the period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sex without protection by the end of the period

Hi Guys

Can I have sex with my partner without protection by the end of her periods ? i.e. she is currently on pills and just finished her monthly dose ? According to her, it is safe as there would be no ovalution ??

Any advice ?

• She's correct. As long as she continues her packs after her placebo pills (normally taken the week of her period), the both of you can have sex without additional protection.

Comment

• No. her pills are over yesterday, she has finished her monthly quota of pills and now she is waiting for her periods to start. my question was "is it ok to have unprotected sex while she is waiting for her periods to start, she is of assumption that ovalution period is over prior to few days of starting periods"

We don`t do sex while she is in her periods.

Comment

• If she's stopping the pill completely and not planning to start another pack then no it isn't safe. If she is taking the next pack on time then it's safe. There should be no time between packs either or it's not safe but some people don't take the the last week of pills which have no hormones in them. They are just reminders. If that's all she's doing before starting the next pack there is no problem with having sex. It takes about 5 days for my period to start after I take the last active pill in my pack so there are 5 days I'm not taking pills that we can still have sex before I start bleeding. Then it continues for about 2 days after I start the next pack before stopping.

Comment

• As Kira said, if she isn't planning on starting another pack, no it isn't safe. If she is, you are good to go.

My cycle while on BC pills was similar to Kira's. After my active pills, it would take about 5 days to start my period, I would start the new pack the following Sunday and my period would stop about 3 days later. I would have sex during those days prior to my period and never had any issues.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X