Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slight, dull pain and slight pressure during urination.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight, dull pain and slight pressure during urination.

I've recently posted about a bump near my vagina which is assumed to be an ingrown hair. However, I'm having another issue!

Two days ago, my boyfriend (we have been one another's only sexual partner, hence, virgins when we met) and I had sex twice in one day, and the second time, he tried to last so long that he was sore (me too, a bit). Later that night, I noticed a dull, slight pain during urination, accompanied maybe by a little bit of pressure- I can't even tell, really. It's only toward the very end of my urethra, and it starts just before I pee and only lasts a short time after. I can't tell if it's getting better or not, but I'm keeping an eye on it. There's a tiny bit of burning, but not inside the vagina, just toward the front where the urethra is. I haven't noticed discharge in my underwear, nor has my urine been cloudy, but when I tried inspecting things down there, I found a bit of white discharge which may have been more than usual.

I'm wondering what anyone thinks? I've had yeast infections, and this is different. I don't have health insurance at the moment and just want to see what people think before I try going to the doctor -- it doesn't seem bad enough for that, but I don't want it to get worse.

Any thoughts/inside would help!

• I think you may have UTI - urinary tract infection.
    Commonly caused my dirt/bacteria getting in or around the vagina. Example of a cause is if a man puts on a condom and he's hasnt washed his hands after a longs days work.

Its not anything serious. If it gets worse it'll feel like you have to pee but you dont. You may see a little bit of blood when going to the bathroom. Pain when urinating and you'll feel pressure too.

It does need to be treated else it can get serious but im sure you can go to a pharmacy and ask for something. When i had UTI they gave me this powder to disolve in liquid and its over the counter - Provided you have UTI. Possibly describe what you are experiencing to your pharmasist
    Last edited by x.st.angel.x; 12-29-2009, 05:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a sentence

Comment

• Thanks so much for your input. My mom thought it was a UTI too, so I went to the doctor -- but it turned out it wasn't! I'm supposed to try being careful what I wash with and see if it helps. I might keep drinking my cranberry juice, though!

I'm not sure what else it could be? The doctor told me to try some over the counter yeast infection cream (I told her it doesn't feel like a yeast infection) just to see if it helps.

Comment

• Oh - that sucks. Yeah, not sure then. Keep with the cranberry juice for a while too. Maybe get back into the Dr if it gets any worse.

Comment

• You squashed the tissue at the end of the urethra. You may or may not have an infection yet but you are at high risk for one developing. Drink lots of liquids to flush out your urinary tract and don't do anything to irritate the area. That includes wiping carefully after you pee.

This happens very frequently with my sister and I. It never tests positive as an infection but there is a lot of irritation and pressure at the end of the urethra and sometimes urine leaks out. She gets it much worse than I do. She's had tons of tests at the university hospital to really find nothing. Best guess is we have something like urethral syndrome which the cause is still debated. If this has only happened once for you I doubt the problem is that severe. You probably just over did it and irritated things but you'll want to be careful it doesn't progress in to something worse. For either of us it happens every time we have rough sex or frequent sex and masturbation. For my sister it's a constant problem where she has to wear pads in case something irritates her urethra during the day and urine leaks out. It rarely turns in to an infection for either of us. Just something about our anatomy let's the end of the urethra get severely irritated and swollen easily. One time it got so bad I had to get a prescription for something to dumb my urinary tract until it healed. Still never had signs of an infection.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X