Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menstrual Cups

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menstrual Cups

Hi there everyone, pleased to meet you

I am a new user seeking some help and advice on menstrual cups. Do any of you use one?

I have recently been considering switching from tampons to a reusable cup, I have read extensively about the health and environmental benefits but would love to hear first hand of any real experiences from you. Would you recommend switching? Do you feel the benefits?

Your thoughts would be extremely helpful

Thank you!

Pat
    x

• I tried the Instead softcup several years ago. I HATED them. They did not fit right, they were uncomfortable and they leaked. Note though, these were the disposable cups; I have never tried a reusable cup. The disposable cup put me off enough to not want to try a reusable one.

Comment

• Interesting to hear your opinion, I have certainly received mixed reviews.

Still, from what I have heard, the benefits seem to outweigh the bad points no end.

I have ordered a Femmecup, which is reusable. I have heard nothing but good reviews about this brand so look forward to trying it.

Thanks’ for your comment.

Do any other cup users on here use Femmecup?

Comment

• I LOVE my Mooncup!! As you say, the benefits really do outweigh the bad points.

The only advice I can give you is "keep trying". It's NOT going to fit comfortably the first time, but keep trying and it will eventually.

Comment

• I used to have a mooncup before i had my daughter (you need a different (bigger) size after childbirth) and to begin with i dissliked it, taking it out was not always easy and sometimes i spilt, but after a while i got used to it and it was much easier. The mooncup comes in a little bag which you can put in your handbag easily. The only pain i found was boiling it after every cycle. Instead, have a plastic bowl and stand it in boiling water for 5 mins, this has the same effect. Good luck.
          Life is like a box of chocolate's...

Comment

• I read this post and decided to try the Femmiecup as I really hate pads and tampons... hope it's worth while...
            A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.
            - Dr. William Arthur Ward

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X