Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worried about HPV

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about HPV

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. About 3 months ago I noticed some bumps around my genital region. I assumed it was razor bumps, since I got them right after I shaved, but they haven't gone away! I'm so worried it's HPV. I keep trying to convince myself it's not, I got the vaccine a year ago, and I've been using condoms. I guess I just need to go to the doctor, but is there anyway to tell the difference between razor bumps and gential warts?

I'm scared!

• If you would like you can put apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and hold it for about five min on the area. Take a mirror and look closely. If the bumps after 5minutes turn white means it is most likely warts. Condoms do help but they are not 100% always effective. I used condoms at all times and eighteen months ago I found out I had human papilloma virus. If I were you go to the nearest STD clinic or to your family doctor and ask to get tested for all STD's. Tell her about your bumps. Some things are better off checked up by doctors.

Let me know how it all went,

Kathy

Comment

• hpv?

Strongly agree w/ K - get to a doc or clinic like today! Find out what's going on. Next: if you don't have an std, do something to prevent having to go thru this again. Careful with chosing partners and what you do w/ them. Also, have you taken the hpv vaccination? If not, do it PLEASE!
      P
      p.s. Don't stress talking w/ the doc or clinic folks about possible std's. It's embarissing, I know. But does happen to all kinds of folks. The doc's see it all the time and will not judge you!

Comment

• Understand that some STD's are from 10 years ago and show up later in life, so don't immediately blame your man...that's important..

I like hope4Kathy's idea which I have never heard of before but that will rest your mind at least.

Our own sweat glands can also cause problems there as we don't breathe as much as the rest of our body does.

You will have no real idea unfortunately until you seek a Doctors' opinion.

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• update--

Thanks for the replies!

I went to the doctor this morning, and he didn't know what is was either! He said some of the bumps looked like they were caused by hair follicles, and some didn't. The doctor gave me a pelvic exam and said if anything is abnormal they will call me by Friday, so now's the waiting game.

I was prescribed Flagyl and Mupirocin (both are antibiotics). I've decided to not take either of them until I hear back (or hopefully DON'T hear back!) from the doctors. I try not to take anything unless I really need to, and those strong antibiotics can really screw us ladies up!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X