Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clindamycin

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutedoctor
    replied
    I'd also like to add that this is most common in patients that are admitted into the hospital and you would be extremely less likely to acquire c. difficile if you are not in the hospital.

Leave a comment:

• cutedoctor
    replied
    Clindamycin used to be a very common antibiotic. When it was used against clostridium difficile, it caused pseudomembranous colitis. But now, complications of c. difficile are found to be more common with other commonly used anti-microbials (like 3rd and 4th generation cephalsporins).

So, in English, you shouldn't have to worry about c. difficile complications with clindamycin since it is not the most commonly used antibiotic anymore. So long as you finish your complete dose that your physician prescribes you should be fine.

Hope that helped! Let me know if you have any further questions.

PS. this is just what I have extrapolated from my medical school notes

Leave a comment:

• ItsASecret
    replied
    Talk to a pharmacist, they know all the little tid-bits about drugs and side effects. You cannot believe everything you read on the internet .

Leave a comment:

• sweety79
    started a topic Clindamycin

Clindamycin

I suffer with chronic bacterial vaginosis. I have taken metronidazole three times which did not work and the third time I ended up having an allergic reaction to it and developed hives. The doctor has given me oral clindamycin, but I am a little afraid to take it, because of all the things I have read about C-diff. I was just wondering if anyone else has taken this and their experience with it. Thank You
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

You're not dumb to love someone like this - we feel what we feel, and it can't really be helped. I do think it's important to be real with yourself about...

Yesterday, 10:01 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

I can't imagine using a crystal dildo but I would definitely buy one I found particularly beautiful (whether I displayed it or not).

My concern,...

Yesterday, 09:55 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

I don’t think I’d want to use any porous material like crystal (or wood, or anything organic) as an internal sex toy. But it might be a fun thing...

Yesterday, 04:18 AM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Hi there, I’d just like to point out that relaxing and staying in the moment is essential for sexual pleasure. Focusing on specific achievements, whether...

Yesterday, 04:15 AM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

I don’t think you’re dumb — people fall in love every day with folks who will break their hearts for one reason or another.

You mention...

12-02-2021, 03:20 PM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X