Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How fast can fibroid grow?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can fibroid grow?

I have had PCOS for probably 20 years (I am 36) and it has always messed with my cycle. I lost 50 pounds and my cycle became very regular up until probably 5 months ago when I started spotting with sex, bowl movement and then it became a real problem when I would get my period every time my husband and I has sex. My gyno did a D&C (and looked around with a camera, sorry I don't know the name of that). He gave me some meds to start my period a week after surgery. I then magically had a period one month later and I thought all was well until Christmas. I have had my period every other week since.

Sorry this is so long, I wanted to give a little history before I ask my question. I had my yearly exam today and I told him about that every other week periods again. He did the pap and then when he felt around he said that he felt a lump at the top of my uterus. He said that he hadn't felt it before and didn't see anything during the d&c. My question is, what could this be. If is it s a fibroid, could it have grown that quickly to where it was not there at the end of Oct and now it is there 3 months later? I am pretty worried since he said that this was not there 3 months ago. I do go for an ultrasound next week but I am pretty worried.

Thanks for any help or advice you may have for me

• It took my Fibroid a couple of years to grow. I think usually the only way they can diagnois a Fibroid is by Ultrasound, it's not something they can feel. If they feel your Uterus is large, they will order a Ultrasound to be done to look for Fibroids. Fibroids make you look and feel like you are pregnant when your not. Did they mention taking out the growth and having it tested? It sounds like it should be.

Comment

• No, he didn't mention removing it since he is unsure what it is. During my annual he felt around in there and said that he felt a lump at the top of my uterus that was not there in October during my procedure. I am just wondering what could have grown in that short amount of time. Thanks for your help

Comment

• I don't know what to tell you. But try your best to stay calm and live life with less stress to avoid aggravating your health. You need to boost your immune system for this.

Comment

• You shouldn't have to wonder what it is, it's their job to find out what it is. Any growth that comes up quickly should be removed and biopsy. If they aren't giving you a answer, then you should really find another doctor who will find out what it is. It could be nothing polyps or fibroid, I've had both removed, but it's important to find out. With our sucky health care system nowadays, you really have to take charge of your health.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
          • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
          • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.
          • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
          • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
          • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
            however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
          • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
          • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
          • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
          Working...
          X