Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg donations?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sourpuss
    replied
    I have a friend who donates eggs. I think she's on her 4th or 5th time. She's getting up to $20,000 a time now.
    You have to have a very detailed family history though. You need to know the medical history of pretty much everyone. From what I know you go one a hormone treatment for a few months and then they harvest. My friend said it's pretty hard on her body but it got her through college without any debt and she said the families that she has helped are so grateful that it's worth it.

Leave a comment:

• GlitterAndStuds
    replied
    I was kind of mixed on it too, but when I think about it, the idea of there being a kid with my genes out there doesn't bother me that much. Plus, I know I won't be using them, and there are so many people who can't conceive and actually WANT to. In a way it feels like I'm making use out what nature gave me and it would be nice.

Yeah, from what I've read online, it's a really painful process because the meds you take make it so you produce MORE eggs. And that means that the cramps you get from dropping one egg when you get your period get that much worse. But other times I hear that it's not bad, but more of a pain in the ****. I dunno. I'm still on the fence and researching. The pay certainly would help, but I guess it's more like compensation. Either way though.

Leave a comment:

• Ahryin
    replied
    Here is what I know....

Depending on the state you live in payment is between 5k to 7k.
    There are weight requirements
    It takes about 30 days, they monitor your health and place you on vitamins to make sure your harvest is good (they want the most eggs possible)
    The actual procedure is seemingly painless
    They are very strict on past emotional history as well as genetics

Other than that I know nothing. I have never done it but know two women who have. One of which does it at least twice a year.

Leave a comment:

• LanaBear
    replied
    I'm mixed on the whole egg and sperm donation thing. I think it is awesome to be able to help someone who needs it, but there is a part of me that can't get over the fact that it would be a part of me out there. I wouldn't know anything about this other life that I assisted in creating.

Like I said, I'm mixed on the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• GlitterAndStuds
    started a topic Egg donations?

Egg donations?

Sorry if this isn't in the right section, I thought it was a little tricky. Feel free to move it if not!

Anyway, this is a totally curious question. I've been hearing a lot about donating eggs and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? Or maybe experienced it themselves?

It's been in my head a lot lately. I think it would be a cool thing to do, but the things I DO know about it kind of put me off to it.

I don't know. Any input is good. Basically, would it be worth it to consider?
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

You're not dumb to love someone like this - we feel what we feel, and it can't really be helped. I do think it's important to be real with yourself about...

Yesterday, 10:01 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

I can't imagine using a crystal dildo but I would definitely buy one I found particularly beautiful (whether I displayed it or not).

My concern,...

Yesterday, 09:55 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

I don’t think I’d want to use any porous material like crystal (or wood, or anything organic) as an internal sex toy. But it might be a fun thing...

Yesterday, 04:18 AM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Hi there, I’d just like to point out that relaxing and staying in the moment is essential for sexual pleasure. Focusing on specific achievements, whether...

Yesterday, 04:15 AM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

I don’t think you’re dumb — people fall in love every day with folks who will break their hearts for one reason or another.

You mention...

12-02-2021, 03:20 PM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X