Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel so abnormal when it comes to down there

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so abnormal when it comes to down there

Firstly I can't understand why my body functions so strangely compared to what i was taught. Other girls had their monthly period and that was it. However, when I'm not doing my period, I'm discharging a clear, strong scented liqud that's comes out in quanities just as high as a period will so I've never gone a single day since about 4rth grade without wearing a pad. What is this stuff and is there anyway to control it and keep it from coming out?

Secondly, a the thing that pushed me to come to this forum is my concern about what's happening with my period. I've had five seperate periods within a two month period with anywhere betwen 1 to 3 days break in between. my periods usually last about a week to a week and a half and while aren't regular, at least don't last for extended amounts of time. I've had a three month period before which drove me to birth contrl but after i realized i couldn't handle the price i stopped and my periods became irregular again.

I'm mostly concerned about this specific period because i've never actually experienced side effects such as moodiness, over eatng and extreme lightheadedness and random tiredness and restlessness. I'm just worred that i may be bleeding to death but i don't want to over react and go to the doctor only to figure out that nothing's wrong. Can anybody help?

• First off don't worry about "bleeding to death," since menstrual blood isn't just blood, it's a lot of other things as well, but it can certainly make you anemic.

But dear, what you're experiencing is NOT normal. My first guess is that there's a big hormonal imbalance. Certainly in all these years you've talked to docs about this... What have they said?

Comment

• I haven't talked to a doctor about the clear liquid however when i talked about the irregular periods they just stuck me on some birth control. I'm nervous because i'm having a pap done tuesday and i'm nervous about what the results will be and what the doctor might say if i ask him about it.

Comment

• Aw, don't be nervous about it hon, none of us enjoy doctors visits or finding out something we would rather not hear, but it's always better to find out sooner rather than later! And I'm no doctor but like I said, this sounds like a hormonal imbalance if anything.

Prepare a list of questions to ask your doc. This is your chance, use it wisely. What's this clear liquid. What can I do to normalize my discharge. If they want to put you on birth control, tell them about your issue with cost. Ask them why THIS brand over THAT one.

Depending on where you are, this doc might be getting paid big bucks for your visit. Take advantage of that and make the visit worth your while!

Comment

• Yeah unfortunatly i'm a minimum wage employee living in a prosperous area =_= I'll take full advantage of the time i have with the doctor and also luckily now that I work ina pharmacy, my boss will give me her own opinion on which brand would be best price wise ((something i've found doctors are too lazy to take into consideration in this area)). thank you for your help though. I really hope there will be a simple answer for it ^ ^:;;

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X