Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seems this is a common question

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seems this is a common question

It seems to be a common question on the threads.. it goes a lil something like this

sooooo my period is a few days late, with cramping although no signs of it showing up and my cycles are always normal.

BUT
    I don't use protection
    I've been in a relationship for 3 years
    I'm clean as a whistle, just had a full checkup in january
    was supposed start BC but didn't start it bc of a herniated disc issue in my neck (LONG LONG LONNNG STORY)

Intercourse/orgasm, for some odd reason or another, will always always start it if its a day before,the same day etc etc.

This time however, it's done nothing. I'm not saying i use intercourse/orgasms as a way to start my flow...that's more of a coincidence I guess I should say.

I normally start between the 27 and 29th of each month...lasting 4 days.
    It's....welll gonna be the 3rd, I just had sex, and it made my cramps go away...weird huh? Well, new for me anyways.

So has anyone ever ran into this type situation, or does anyone know any good links that I could possibly use to look up?

If it hasn't started by friday, i'm calling the doctor, in the mean time i'm just trying to grab some info.

• oh,
    and I know the whole cycle thing is different, yada yada....this is merely to just occupy my time, i don't think i'm pregnant, or that i have some issue....just want to delve deeper into the mysteries of the occasional elusive period

Comment

• Well looks like you pretty much already know the answer... Yes you could be pregnant, BUT we all have delayed periods every now and then for a multitude of different reasons, including just small body changes as we age.

Why aren't you using some kind of protection during sex? Are you trying for a baby?

Comment

• That's kind of a long story

when I was 19 to 21 I was having off the wall periods....the kind where They'd hang around for about 6 months then i'd go 3 with out...or 6 months without one. I had loads of testing done, including a pelvic ultrasound, just for them to tell me I was normal,nothing was wrong.
        It was always weird, bc I had some type of pain during sex. During that time i have no clue if it was due to the size of the man I was with or what.

But now I'm fine. I think stress ties in there somewhere, it was an extremely stressful relationship. It was also a very low point in my life. So i think that also played a big factor, after I finally broke it off with him 6 months before my 21st birthday, I went normal within 3 months and have been normal ever since.

I never got pregnant to him, we never used protection of any sort. Life's way of telling me no a baby isn't right for you right now. Looking back i'm so thankful it didn't happen. The things he had put me through.

With the guy i'm with now, I've just accepted this whatever it is, that I can't get pregnant.
        3 years and no success and normal periods...maybe it's his swimmers or something, who knows. Trying for a baby...but not actually TRYING trying if that makes sense. I don't want to stress myself out by eagerly anticipating a missed period, ya know?
        So, I'm just out to find information, wonder if my gynecologist will be peeved that I didn't start my bc? I hope not. I explained to her that I have a herniated disk in my neck...which was causing me to be in pain and was part of the reason for a weird sleep cycle I just got out of. I didn't want to start bc and not be able to commit myself to it. when i woke up was never at the same time of the day. Now I feel better though.
        I'm at 24 yr old bundle of mess lol

Comment

• well, like i already knew. I'm not pregnant. The flow is here, but I think i'm calling the doctor tomorrow to make myself feel better.
          This has been THE worst period in a long long time.
          I'm going through a whole entire roll of toilet paper in a 12 hour period.
          I don't want to get into more details but it gets worse than that.
          The cramps leading up to this period were horrible too, I was feeling nauseated along with spiking a nice little fever.
          wish me luck
          **sigh**

Comment

• Not weird!!

Originally posted by chaotic_mess View Post
            I just had sex, and it made my cramps go away...weird huh?
            This is not weird in fact it just proves that Orgasms are good for women. When you orgasm your uterus spasms and since it is held by tendons it is easily re-situated. The fact that the cramps went away could just be explained by your uterus moving in another spot where it was harder for you to feel the cramps. After a while your tendons may go back to the same spot allowing you to feel the cramps again, or by that time the cramping may go away. I have heard of orgasms being used for relief of many uncomfortable situations women find themselves in. So not weird, but proof of our amazingly wonderful bodies.

I am glad that you got your period, and you should always listen to your body. If it is telling you to talk to the Doc then you should.

Comment

• yeah I've probably heard that somewhere but probably just threw it away into the back of my mind. A woman's body is certainly unique.

Speaking of orgasms and everything, I now have something else to discuss at the doctor's office.
              I've been havin horrible ovary pain that shot up to my kidney, so my mind was like thinkin over numerous possibilities. wrote down what went on so I remember to tell her, but i doubt i'll forget as the pain hasn't gone away...it's subsided but still there.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
              • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
              • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
                also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
              • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
              • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
                looked it up & says vulvodynia
                however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
              • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
              Working...
              X