Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp pains in the vaginal area.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharp pains in the vaginal area.

Hi ladies!
    Does anyone get sharp pains in the vaginal area? (I say "area" because my pains seem to travel in this area.)

I've been getting these super sharp pains that stop me dead in my tracks for almost a year now & I don't know what it could be. They've happened at all different times of the day & night with or without having sex.
    Anyone have an idea what this could be???

• I have no idea what its from sorry, but I do get that .... I'll just be doing whatever and then its so sharp sometimes it doubles me over then its gone. Hubby says I'm crazy!

Comment

• reguarding sharp pain

Your pelvic floor muscles could be cramping/spasming. Put your finger into your vagina. You can feel around and press on the muscles. It they're sore, they probably sore from spasming. You can tell your obgyn and he can refer you to a physical therapist that works with the pelvic floor. Mis-alignment of your pelvis could also cause them to spasm. Then I could be totally wrong. If your terribly worried, ask your obgyn.

Comment

• I'm only 22, and this happens to me occasionally. And they do floor you. They almost make me gasp in pain. But it only happens about once a month or every few months.

Comment

• Hi, I'm a newbie here.
          I had those pains from about age 16 to 40. It turns out I had pelvic congestion and that was one of the side-effects/symptoms. The pain is unbelievable and it does, literally stop you from moving. I definitely understand.

Comment

• Wow, this is pretty much what i have experienced!!

oh my god, thank you so much for posting this, i have just joined as i have been getting a bit worried about what has been happening to me. I saw this post and thought "wow, this is almost exactly what i have been experiencing!". I am 23 and have had a history of irregular periods from the beginning! Recently, i have been getting relatively mild cases of what you have been describing but they do seem to be getting worse. The pains really do floor you, i have to stop dead in my tracks and sometimes it happens when i am driving or at work, which is really bad!!!! I hope to see my doctor about this soon, will let you know what they suggest!!!
            Catchya,
            QuietAussie

Comment

• Me Too!

I've been experiencing the same thing off and on too. It just happened to me this morning on my drive to work and I thought I was going to die!

Comment

• Thank you..

.. This has happened to me as well! You ladies have no idea how happy I am to know that this is not uncommon.

Comment

• I have the same pain and it seemed to have started after starting birth controll. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but it seemed strange to me.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person with this problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by s.fl.mommy View Post
                    Hi ladies!
                    Does anyone get sharp pains in the vaginal area? (I say "area" because my pains seem to travel in this area.)

I've been getting these super sharp pains that stop me dead in my tracks for almost a year now & I don't know what it could be. They've happened at all different times of the day & night with or without having sex.
                    Anyone have an idea what this could be???
                    HI my name is danielle. please tell me you have found out what is causing the pain i have had exactly the same symptoms and for the exact lengh of time. im 17 and the hospital are taking there time in helping me im 2 young to go through the pain. the doctors first diagnosed me with irratable bowl syndrome which turned out to be wrong
                    Last edited by Little; 10-01-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Yes, I have had this pain. It is not often ... maybe once a month ..... or 2 months ... but it does stop u in ur tracks!! I'm up for my yearly ... I think that is something I will talk tot he doctor about.

Comment

• Hi...I am new to this site and am happy to see that this issue is being addressed. I have one single pain which is in the same spot all the time. It comes and goes and doesn't have any particular pattern. I am not a doctor person so I am interested in everyone's postings. Any new advice?

Comment

• I knew I wasn't crazy...I have had this issue since I was 19, I'm now going on 36. I have brought this up to many of my girlfrineds and they all claim to not know what I'm talking about. I have been at work and almost floored by this pain. It just comes out of the blue and it leaves just as fast as it hits. It sometimes feels as if it travels from my uterus right down to the bottom of my vagina. I've never mentioned it to my GYN, because I just chalked it up to vaginal spasms.

Comment

• thinning uterus

Hi, everyone I'm a newbie to the site.
                            My 17yr old daughter has been diagnosed with the thinning of her uterus. I have searched high & low and have not come across anything on this. Please help, if you have any answers or suggestions

Comment

• Same here

Thank gawd I'm not dying. I've had the pains before and they came back yesterday again. They're still happening even today, just every now and then. I couldn't sleep until 5am because of the pains. It took me like 30 minutes to lie down on my bed because every movement caused ALOT of pain. I'm only 15, why is this happening to me
                              Advantages Of Being A Woman: We can be groupies. Male groupies are stalkers.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
                              • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords
                              • Reply to Full body sensual massage

The situation sounds and looks crazy. Of course, it is not clear to me in principle how you can date a girl, realizing that she is rubbing her body against...

10-14-2021, 02:04 PM By Jelyamorw
                              • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

From what I have read, it is true. A lot of people are blowing the risks associated with Covid-19 vaccines way out of proportion, IMO....

10-13-2021, 09:07 AM By jns
                              • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
                                however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
                                however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
                              • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
                              • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
                              • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
                              • Planning vs Sleep for Sexy Times

After 15 years or so on the same schedule, my husband's work schedule has changed. I don't like it.
                                We have had to become much less spontaneous...

09-28-2021, 01:35 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                              Working...
                              X