Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recurrent Uti's!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurrent Uti's!!!

Hi i have recurrent uti's which have lasted a year!

It's been such a pain and worry thinking there's all soughts wrong with me (i'm abit of a worrier)

I had an ultrasound which checked liver , gall bladder , kidneys , womb and ovaries , and my bladder all seemed ok but apprantly my bladder wasn't emptying properly!

The past couple of months i've been drinking a little bit more fluids and my water infections haven't been too bad thankfully but ... i went out with friends a couple of weeks ago and drunk alot of alcohol ( i don't usually drink)
    and i got home with severe lower abdominal pain (just above my pubic bone) back pain and horrible pain inside my vagina!!! ???

I'm really worried what this could be? Has anyone had this before??
    It felt as if it was my cervix? my cervix causing the pain?? the pain was unreal but passed in an hour but with pain still in abdomen the next but i could cope with it!

The doctors did think i could have pelvic imflammation disease but i have no std's??? can you still have that without having a std?

I'm really worried! I did have a pelvic examine a couple months ago which came back ok too!

Thankyou would really appreciate to get replies as im going out of my mind with worry

k xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi
    When I was having a lot of UTIs I found that alcohol didn't help the course and I got the same thing you have been having. I pretty much after drinking got the inflammation and the unable to pee and the pain.

I recommend drinking lots of cranberry juice or tablets and water to clean your system out and the cranberry juice stops the bug which causes UTIs, that bug hates alkaline urine.

I also recommend do not drink alcohol, during that time I cut back because I knew what it would do to me. I can say that drinking alcohol it doesnt do that to me now.

[/I]
    Originally posted by k123 View Post
    Hi i have recurrent uti's which have lasted a year!

It's been such a pain and worry thinking there's all soughts wrong with me (i'm abit of a worrier)

I had an ultrasound which checked liver , gall bladder , kidneys , womb and ovaries , and my bladder all seemed ok but apprantly my bladder wasn't emptying properly!

The past couple of months i've been drinking a little bit more fluids and my water infections haven't been too bad thankfully but ... i went out with friends a couple of weeks ago and drunk alot of alcohol ( i don't usually drink)
    and i got home with severe lower abdominal pain (just above my pubic bone) back pain and horrible pain inside my vagina!!! ???

I'm really worried what this could be? Has anyone had this before??
    It felt as if it was my cervix? my cervix causing the pain?? the pain was unreal but passed in an hour but with pain still in abdomen the next but i could cope with it!

The doctors did think i could have pelvic imflammation disease but i have no std's??? can you still have that without having a std?

I'm really worried! I did have a pelvic examine a couple months ago which came back ok too!

Thankyou would really appreciate to get replies as im going out of my mind with worry

k xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

• Hey Sweets. I have had reoccurring UTI's in the past and the last one that I had resulted in a kidney infection and me being hospitalized because I thought it went away. So allow me to drop a couple of guidelines to follow...
      1. Stay clear of sodas and other sugared beverages. Water and Fruit juice is your friend
      2. Certain types of alcohol can be the root of the problem. Since you say you're not a drinker, this can be your body's way of telling you to stop....no joy juice allowed...LOL
      3. Go urinate after sexual intercourse.
      4. Always wipe from front to back after bathroom use.
      5. Cranberry juice is good for relieving the discomforts of a UTI but always go to the doctor to receive antibiotics for your infections. An untreated UTI can result in the infection backing up into your kidneys. ( Very painful, they stuck me in the hospital for three days pumping me with antibiotics and morphine!!!
      I hope this helps and for the record, this happened to me in December of 2008....I haven't had a UTI since! Good luck to you sweets and take care of yourself
      Last edited by MissMeSha810; 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM. Reason: Added a sentence
      Love the skin you're in
      Be proud of who you are
      Never allow others to downgrade or discriminate
      Demand love, respect & attention
      Be true to yourself and love YOU first
      With love,
      MissMeSha 810

sigpic

Comment

• Hi thanks for both ur reply's

I'm not worried about the uti's as i'm used to them now and try to do everything to stop them!

But was really worried about this deep pain in my vagina as i have never had this before.

xxx

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
        • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords
        • Reply to Full body sensual massage

The situation sounds and looks crazy. Of course, it is not clear to me in principle how you can date a girl, realizing that she is rubbing her body against...

10-14-2021, 02:04 PM By Jelyamorw
        • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

From what I have read, it is true. A lot of people are blowing the risks associated with Covid-19 vaccines way out of proportion, IMO....

10-13-2021, 09:07 AM By jns
        • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
          however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
          however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
        • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
        • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
        • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
        • Planning vs Sleep for Sexy Times

After 15 years or so on the same schedule, my husband's work schedule has changed. I don't like it.
          We have had to become much less spontaneous...

09-28-2021, 01:35 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        Working...
        X