Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and strange event...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and strange event...

I have heard that it is common for women to suffer from yeast infections. I, however, have never experienced one...until now, I think. I know the problem is not sexually related...I'm a virgin; so, that rules that out. The vaginal itching started on Friday (it is now Sunday night). On Saturday morning, about an hour and a half after I got up, I experienced horrendous pain in my lower abdominal area. I assumed it was from the vaginal irritation I have experienced. The pain subsided after about an hour, but returned 3-4 times during the day. This afternoon while I was wiping myself after using the restroom, it felt as if something opened inside of my body and approximately one tablespoon full of thick, rubbery, dark yellow substance came out of my vagina. I am horrified. I have never seen anything like this in my life. I am past the "ugh, gross" point. I have moved on to slight hysteria. What is going on? I know I should visit the doctor, but if anybody has any clues...feel free!

• yes go see a doctor

Comment

• go GYN

Yes, Go to the doctor! I have had a yeast infection or two in my life but I expereinced no pain with them. Just itch and irritation!! Definally go to the gyn!

Comment

• Update...new question.

Originally posted by txsbutterfly View Post
        I have heard that it is common for women to suffer from yeast infections. I, however, have never experienced one...until now, I think. I know the problem is not sexually related...I'm a virgin; so, that rules that out. The vaginal itching started on Friday (it is now Sunday night). On Saturday morning, about an hour and a half after I got up, I experienced horrendous pain in my lower abdominal area. I assumed it was from the vaginal irritation I have experienced. The pain subsided after about an hour, but returned 3-4 times during the day. This afternoon while I was wiping myself after using the restroom, it felt as if something opened inside of my body and approximately one tablespoon full of thick, rubbery, dark yellow substance came out of my vagina. I am horrified. I have never seen anything like this in my life. I am past the "ugh, gross" point. I have moved on to slight hysteria. What is going on? I know I should visit the doctor, but if anybody has any clues...feel free!
        OK. I now know what my problem was that I asked you ladies about. Now I have a new question. I went to the doctor for the vaginal infection last week. Today, I went back for a follow-up exam. The culture he took last week showed that I had a cervicitis: more specifically, it is strep. I guess I never associated strep with anything other than the throat. He did tell me that I need to see a doctor immediately at the onset of any symptoms. He also told me that strep could cause problems with pregnancy and that it could cause problems for the baby and that premature birth could result. I wasn't thinking clearly as he was giving me this info; therefore, I did not ask any questions before I left. I do have every intention of picking his brain about these things, but I thought I would ask you in case anybody has the same issues that I have. My questions are as follows: Is this something that I will always have? Will vaginal birth be dangerous for a baby? How could I have gotten it since I have never had sexual intercourse? I did have a bikini wax recently and I guess if it were on her hands or if it had been on something else, it could be possible. My sister-in-law had a throat infection a few weeks back. Could I have gotten it from her if she had used my towel or something? I have wracked my brain. Let me know! Thanks!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X