Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irregular Period since September 2006-presen, suggestions?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irregular Period since September 2006-presen, suggestions?

Hi, i'm 18 and i've always had a normal period. I stared taking tri-cyclen 28 day pack on July 1st/06, through july and august my periods were normal, and lasted for about 4 days. Since september 2006 I have been getting irregular periods for 3 weeks, 3 weeks on the the acutally pill, and on my sugar pills( the green ones) i don't get a period..my period is very heavy to. I went to the doctor, they didn't say much about it, which isn't help full to me at all! it has now been almost 8 months, and i'm still getting my period for 3 weeks. I extremly hate having a long long period. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? or could give me some ideas about it. Thanks for your time

• Well no one seems to know what is wrong with me lol thanks for the help

Comment

• Ms.Jay

Well, this is my first time on this website and I am very sorry that no one has gotten back with you. I have had irregular periods and was put on birth control too. Dont go back to that Dr. because he/she did not give you the info that you need. You probably need another type of birth control. Sometimes, they have too much progesterone, estrogen or some type of hormone that dose not work with your body(The pill might not have enough or too much of a hormone that is not working with your body). Get off the birth control for a while, go to another doctor and tell them what has been going on. Ask them to run some tests so that they can tell you what is wrong. When they do tell you, always do your own research, NEVER EVER take a doctors word for anything, you just want to know where to start. Good luck
      Last edited by loveofachild; 04-04-2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• thank you for the reply i appriciate it alot!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X