Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pill-What is going on??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pill-What is going on??

I have been on the Birth Control Pill for about 10 years. I went off it for a month and went back on it again. I was off it for 5 weeks, got my period the first week I was on it. Then this is my third week back on it, and I have my period again. I took a pregnancy test prior to going back on it and it was negative. Why am I getting my period early?

• bad pill

I was on the pill and the reason i am not anymore is because I was having the same kind of problems. The first pill i was on was okay. Then i switched and I was bleeding for the 3 weeks of normal pills and not for the one week when you were supposed to. Its a weird thing. Did you get on a different kind of pill this time? My doctor always told me to just keep taking it and my body would eventually adjust to it. But i couldn't handle bleeding all the time. Also, the last birth control i was on was called zovia. If I missed one day, it would make me bleed for about three days. It was so irritating. I am not on any birth control now because i have had such bad problems with most kinds ive tried.

Comment

• Don't freak out!

I had the same problem! I went off the pill for a bit and then went back on. I had a lot of bleeding in between. It even out again after a couple months. That is completely normal. I even talked to my ob/gyn. So, don't worry!

Comment

• Have you tried Orthotricyclen, or low ortho, I adjusted to it very well and it has kept me regular.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Dating and beauty maintenenance

I recommend doing a microdermabrasion treatment, or investing in an at home microdermabrasion machine! I have the PMD and use it once a week to exfoliate...

Today, 10:11 AM By Zoë T.
        • Reply to Strap on sex with boyfriend

Everyone has different likings when it comes to sex! Honestly, I find the amount of different kinks that this world holds to be pretty amazing. Pegging...

Today, 10:05 AM By Zoë T.
        • matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
        • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
        • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
          however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
        • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
        • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
        • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
        Working...
        X