Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bleeding between .'s

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding between .'s

I have always had a pretty consistent cycle for the most part. I take my birth control on a regular basis; same time every day. My boyfriend and I use condoms almost every time we have intercourse, just in case.
    My period is regulated, every 4wks, for 3-4days. June was 26th-30th. Meaning TOM (Time Of Month) won't return until July 24th-ish. Wrong. He's back already.

I have been 'spotting' for 9 days straight now, & am slightly worried.
    I have only 'spotted' once before, when I found out I was pregnant.

I had intercourse without using a condom as a secondary protector one time, prior to this spotting, recently. I am having uncontrollable mood swings & cramps.
    Any little thing sets me off. I go from ****ed to bawling my eyes out in a matter of minutes. My boobs started aching today & I've been constipated.

Should I make an appointment with my Gyn, or wait it out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Definitely make an appointment to ease your mind, but I think that the pill + condoms = VEEERRRRRYYYYY unlikely chance of pregnancy. Most people use only one of those methods with great success.

When you first got pregnant, were you using both methods simultaneously as well?

Comment

• I took a pregnancy test after I had been bleeding irregularly for a week, but it came up negative. Now, it has been 11 days straight of spotting & I can feel 'little flutters' in my stomach.. a bit higher than I remember when i started feeling my son move. My boobs still ache. I feel bloated more than not.

I'm too afraid to set up an appointment or discuss why I would want to buy a pregnancy test to my boyfriend. Ahh..
      -
      I wasn't on birth control and we rarely used condoms, so it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Comment

• So you were on BC or weren't? You stated in your original post you take your BC at the same time ever day, but now you said you weren't on BC and you rarely use condoms. I am confused. If you weren't on BC and didn't use a condom, then yeah, your chances could be pretty high. You should take a HPT regardless.

Comment

• I was just answering the bottom question from my first reply at the bottom...
          Let me clarify.

Mes_T asked: When you first got pregnant, were you using both methods simultaneously as well?

My reply: I wasn't on birth control and we rarely used condoms so it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Comment

• Ohh okay, sorry, I was confused a bit. Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? That would be a good start. If you really do think you are pregnant regardless of the results, though, you should see your doctor to make sure.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X