Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond freaked out...help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond freaked out...help

(This is full of gross details, I apologize!) Ok so my last period ended around June 23. Ever since I have had brown discharge that had a strange metallicy type smell to it. It was driving me crazy...I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on. Just now I went to the restroom and was going number two (ugh so much detail, I know!) when all of the sudden I felt something weird and look down to see something brown coming out of my vagina. I freaked out and rushed to the sink to get a cup to fish it out and inspect....it was an old tampon!! I have no idea how it got lost in me and I didn't realize it, but my period was nearly 3 weeks ago. I am sooo freaked out right now!! I never even imagined that was what was causing the discharge. Has anyone else had this happen!? I can't even imagine what will happen after leaving a tampon in for 3 weeks...I'm so scared. Help!

• It happens, probably more often than is realised. The danger with this is Toxic Shock Syndrome. Watch out for fever, headaches, runny bowels, rash, red eyes, throat or vagina. See a doctor immediately if you get symptoms.

Many people's bodies are quite able to resist it, so don't panic.
    For the future - no tampons at night and try to keep track that you always remove them within four hours.

Comment

• I have had that happen to me, actually. Unless you start to feel really ill, you should be fine. Just watch your symptoms, like WC mentioned above. I turned out fine. You probably would have developed TSS by now, though. So, I think you'll be okay

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X