Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one?

I am sixteen. When I was ten, I got my period...and a few months later I woke up with cramps so bad that I was screaming...and gushing blood (sound gross but true). We went to the emergency room and they didn't know what was wrong with me. They still don't know whats wrong with me lol. Anyways...I went through tons of tests and they said that since I was so young, this kind of thing was rare. They put me on birth control pills for it but it didn't help much with the bleeding. The cramping is so much better though. I have to where two overnight pads because I can fill up one pad in an hour. I feel horrible because I'm on birth control. I feel like it's bad. But I'm still a virgin, so that's good. I was just wondering if anyone else my age has this problem. I haven't met one person that does. Also, is there anything that you do for the really heavy flows? It's still extremely heavy even with me on the pill.

• Are you overweight? How is your diet? "Google" foods that increase Estrogen and cut them out. Sugar is terrible for us women and hormones! Get on a good multivitamin. Drink lots of water. And you might want to try a good quality Progesterone cream. Those are things a doc won't tell ya
    "Natural Hippy Mama"

Comment

• AshleyBrook,
      You are not alone...(but you are the 1st i have spoken to)
      Like you, i started my period at 10, and also experienced horrific cramps/Niagra flow. I used to pass out due to them.
      I pleaded with my mother to take me to a GYN., after that, i, like you was put on birth control pills. They helped me as well with the pain and reduced some of my flow. I agree with Kathie35801 about diet. Sugar and salt intake need limited. Fresh veggies, fruit, and yogurt helped me. Also, i felt,(may or may not be a proven)that me habit of taking a multi-vitamin each day played a part also.
      It was so long ago....(37 yrs.) But i remember watching the puberty films, and other than the teacher, i was the only girl that had already started.
      Well, i just wanted to let you know you were not alone.
      [COLOR=purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
      • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
      • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
      • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
      • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X