Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tampons

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tampons

okay, honestly i feel like i'm the only one with this problem because most of my friends seem to use tampons. but for some reason tampons and i just don't seem to get along!! i'm guessing i can't get it in far enough, and every time i try i'm uncomfortable. i would honestly prefer trying to use them on a regular basis when i have my period because it just seems more convenient...but seeing as how it doesn't really work out i feel very discouraged. usually when i put it in, i feel like there is pressure in my lower abdomen area when i'm sitting down, like under my belly button. i don't know if it's because i'm slouching or something???

• Your just not getting them in right I have the same problem when I use oines that are too big for me I use the Tampax compax multi pack so I can have options!! Good Luck!~*
    [♥]Jessica Dawn[♥]

Comment

• Originally posted by inspired View Post
      okay, honestly i feel like i'm the only one with this problem because most of my friends seem to use tampons. but for some reason tampons and i just don't seem to get along!! i'm guessing i can't get it in far enough, and every time i try i'm uncomfortable. i would honestly prefer trying to use them on a regular basis when i have my period because it just seems more convenient...but seeing as how it doesn't really work out i feel very discouraged. usually when i put it in, i feel like there is pressure in my lower abdomen area when i'm sitting down, like under my belly button. i don't know if it's because i'm slouching or something???
      If you keep having problems with tampons you can always try a Menstrual cup it's reusable so you only ever have to buy one. If your interested you can look up The diva Cup on the internet they have a tone of information in there Q&A section.

Comment

• Buy the tiny little OB tampon.

Sit on the toilet, sort of lounging back, legs wide.
        Use one hand to spread the lips.

Put the tampon by the vagina, push in, and use
        your middle finger to push it in as far as you can
        being as relaxed as you can, making sure the
        string is hanging down.

Relax...it won't get lost.

You have to push it in far enough with your middle
        finger...once you get past the inner lips, you won't
        feel it.

I started with the trainee OB.

Comment

• I had the same problem you had. The key is not to stress too much over it, try different kinds eventually you'll get it. I first tried with ob and it was horrible then I tried a tampon with an aplicator and it was easy as pie, so try try again!
          Good luck

Comment

• I'm not fond of tampons--I'm not sure if the problem is how I'm putting it in or what, but they typically don't go in far enough, and sometimes it hurts. With a bit of work, I can get it in successfully, and then it's just great (I do that when I absolutely have to wear a shorter skirt, for example).

I finally just made peace that tampons are not for me. I was completely buying into the tampon commercial hype that pads are somehow the immature way to handle a period, and that's totally not the case. If you find that you're just more comfortable with pads, there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• I didn't even try tampons until after my
              third was about six years old.

I liked them very much but I also wore
              a pad, because I bleed very heavily...
              I found the tampon would get me from
              home to office, (be replaced) and then
              replaced again around lunch...and often
              I could get home again before having to
              replace it again.

I think they are very useful for those
              who bleed heavily or for those who
              have fairly light periods.

In the middle; well, I never abandoned
              pads.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
              • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
              • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.
              • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
              • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
              • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
                however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
              • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
              • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
              • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
              Working...
              X