Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redifining Women's Lib

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redifining Women's Lib

It all started in January when I walked into my college campus student health center. It turned out I had a simple yeast and bacterial vaginosis infection and what I would later come to find a false positive uti. So begins my saga of being a woman stuck in a world of male gynocolegists not fully knowing how to help me. It has been quite simply the darkest months of my life with a dimming light at the end of the tunnel. Lets back track for a moment..After I took the prescribed health center treatments I kept having symptoms and therefore continually went back to doctors trusting they would have the answers. They continually prescribed me different antibiotics thinking I must have some weird organism, even though I consistently tested negative for all stds. Come to find out the months of antibiotics were only making the real problem, reoccurring yeast, worse. But no doctor wants to address its simply yeast, yeast is boring,bland, not "life-threatening" although quality of life is debatable. After many months of wondering why antibiotics were not only not helping but making the problem worse, I have come to the realization that it has been yeast all along. While to an outsider a simple yeast infection may seem a fleeting moment, or nothing to worry about..I am here to tell you how this journey has transformed my life...

I have been from obgyn to obgyn only to hear different things..like "You have many wbcs but all your test results are negative." Or "Oh we do see yeast so we will treat you for that." I have begun to resolve that what started out as a simple yeast infection will now result in my having a burning and I mean severe burning sensation in that area for the rest of my life! Has anyone had a similar experience where doctors are just unsure what is going on with your vagina? and the next thing you know your on your own, unsure of what move to take next? I could use some advice from other women, if this isnt yeast and I've been tested for everything else under the sun? What could be causing this burning sensation? Or if it is yeast what is the best, gentlest remedy to treat it?

• Why do you think this burning will last the rest of your life?
    Yeast is a toughie, it can cause leaky gut syndrome and pretty much infest your entire body. As you treat it and it dies off it releases toxins and you may feel worse before you start to feel better.
    Check out the Yeast Connection, this can and will cause problems far beyond your vagina. You will have to adjust your diet, do a clease, perhaps take a prescription as well. It will take some time to knock this out and once you've been hit really hard with it you may have to be vigilent to prevent a reoccurance.

Comment

• Firstly you need to know if it is definitely yeast, a swab will confirm it if it is and if it is yeast there are lots of options and if it isn't then you need to see someone else to establish what it is.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X