Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can/t find vaginal opening

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can/t find vaginal opening

This is going to sound crazy, but I'm starting to worry that I don't have a vaginal opening :/

I'm 17, and had periods since I was about 14. They're about every 5 weeks at the moment and the blood comes out normally and can be really heavy and painful, so it must be coming from somewhere? I've never used tampons, and now I'm worried that if I try, I won't be able to.

I'm a virgin, but have been fingered about 3/4 times. But I'm not sure if his fingers actually went in or not each time, and every time has really hurt, which causes me to tense up and it to hurt more. My boyfriend's never done anything with a girl before me, and either can't find the opening or can't get his finger inside and I'm starting to worry there isn't one. I ride horses, which apprently is supposed to make it more obvious but it doesnt.
    Ive just spent 20 minutes sat in front of the mirror and where the vagina's supposed to be, when I push against it, it gives a bit but it hurts and I don't know what to think because I can't relax and there has to be something there :/

Can someone please help? I'm really scared about going to the doctor incase I'm just being stupid.

• If you have your period then you do. Nothing is going to be super loose and able to stick everything in there the second you touch it. The muscles need to relax because they are supposed to be all tensed up for hygienic reasons.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Sweetie, Go to the doctor and let her show you and help you learn to insert and remove a tampon too. It's your body and you need to know this. It isn't being stupid, it's getting educated.

Comment

• After reading this forum a bit, other people with similar problems had it because their hymen hasnt broken yet. That could be true for me, right?
        I get really bad anxiety going to the doctors ,even for more "normal" things, so I'd want to avoid it if at all possible/

Comment

• A gyne would not be a good place to go then, if you have a decent general doc then that would be the one to go to. As for the hymen it would be unlikely you have one still intact if you are an avid horse rider then the bouncing around could have already broken your hymen. If that was the case then it is simply because you are tense leading your muscles to stay contracted instead of relaxed.
          There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• You should try more foreplay before he tries to finger you. If he has you really worked up you should be well lubricated and it will help. A bit of lube may help as well. Try not to be tense, that hinders things. If you care about each other then take it slow, you will both enjoy it much more.
            "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
            Helen Keller

Comment

• Since you tense up, maybe it would be best if you find it yourself. Use a lot of sex lube. Make sure your nail length doesn't cause a problem. Use the picture on wiki for vagina to know where things are located. Then start exploring. You should be laying down with a portable mirror if you want to do that. It may work better if you take a long hot shower to relax.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X