Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPV

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPV

I was just recently diagnosed with HPV(the high risk one). My doctor preformed a biopsy and said it came back negative. So, I don't need to worry and to come back in three months. In addition, to the HPV I have these little bumps all over where I shave. My doctor thought it was just razor burn, and that it didn't look like warts. Well, I think she's wrong. Is there something over the counter I can use to get rid of these? I don't think they'll go away on there own, because, I'm immunosuppressed do to a recent organ transplant.

• 2nd opinion

I am sorry to hear about the HPV. But maybe you should go back to your dr. or go see another dr about the bumps.

Comment

• a little late but...

hello.
      a wee while late but i think i must write this. about the lumps, im not sure. the only thing i think they cud be would be warts, u still should chek them out just in case.
      about the hpv. i was diagnosed a year ago with CIN I displasia, which is the low grade. now, we did a cryosurgery to get it off and i was supposed to "take care"... hmmm, i didnt really. also i got veeeery sick for three months and when i visited the doc this march turns out its back again. we did a test to find out if its a high risk strain.
      regardless, im a researcher and my recommendations are> take care of yourself.
      hpv is a virus, thankfully in most cases the immune system does develop some antibodies and keeps it at bay. and thats why u have to take care as in>
      -stop/prevent cigarrette smoke or smokey bars, etc.
      -eat balanced diet, try to have a regime of eating at same times, etc.
      -excercise.
      -sleep enough! very important.
      if you do this, best chances are that u wont need an intervention later on. cos it sucks. it destroys all the glandular tissue where the virus likes to proliferate and that takes a while to recover... ie decreased moisture, u will feel dryer for months to come.
      so, what the doc said is pretty much lets see if your body can fight it off. and to be able to do that u have to help it do it.
      ohhhh... such a lecture. im just mad mad mad for being so silly as to getting infected with hpv at such a young age. and im also mad mad that no one ever told me about hpv that causes cervical displasia
      so i like to talk about it to women when i have the chance, to save them what many many women go thru.
      take care good luck!
      ps> i almost forgot! there is a vaccine for high risk strains, its called gardasil from merck... im definitely getting it asa i can ask your doctor.

Comment

• can you get the gardisil after already being diagnosed with cinIII dysplasia. I was treated with Leep and have since had normal pap. Is it to late for hpv vaccine?

Comment

• when i read an article in a womens mag the other day about it, it said if you have HPV already you cant get the med... it was one of those advertisements for gardisil. dont know the facts, only what i read cuz i have 3 teen daughters and planned to get them vaccinated.
          jamie

Comment

• you can also only get this if you are under the age of 26 or atleast that is what my Dr told me.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X