Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampons and Gyno...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampons and Gyno...

I am a 21 year old virgin. My periods are pretty regular, give or take a few days, but I have never experienced any real problems with it. I went to the gyno a year ago for the first time to get an exam but it was too painful that the doctor didn't go through with it and said to try using tampons to get more comfortable and then to come back sometime. Problem is I have never been able to insert a tampon. I don't know whats wrong with me because I don't know anyone who has this problem. I try inserting them each month and am never able to. What should I do, Any suggestions on which kind of tampon would be the best to start with? Could something be wrong with me. Will I only be able to do this and have a gyno test after I have had sex? Any advice please...

• well i would tell you to try the tampod that are called pearl thats the when my lil sister used when she was a virgina well you need to keep trying or maybe the doctor had it in wrong cuz the exam does hurt at all well good luck

Comment

• Try the smallest ones from the Tampax compax!! I have had good luck with those!!
      [♥]Jessica Dawn[♥]

Comment

• Try lying down on a bed and putting it in. Can be a lot easier and less painful than standing up. Oh and make sure you relax and are not tense too..

Comment

• Use slimfits

Comment

• Have you read the directions that come with the tampons? I have used tampons for years and never read the direction untill recently. I was suprised at the detailt they give you, like to stand and insert aiming towards your lower back. You should also relax, every time you try i'm sure your tense, that makes all your muscles down there tense also.

Comment

• yeah they have teen fit tampons try those out and make sure your puting them in the right place
              :cool:

Comment

• Its not your fault

I fully understand what your going through. I was a virgin up until I got married at 27 years old and was never able to actually insert a tampon. It just didn't fit and was extremely painful trying. My gyno appointments were the same way and I usually left in tears feeling like a wimp or failure, that something was very wrong with me. After some serious research and a ton of prayer, I was able to figure out what was going on with my body. There is a condition that many girls have called Vaginismus. When I found the website and read all the testimonies of girls that were going through the same thing I had, even into marriage, I wept with joy that I had finally found an answer. I then went after finding a gyno doctor that knew of this condition and I found a fabulous one. Try to find a doctor who has knowledge of this condition, it took me having to go through 3 other doctors before I found her.

To give you a brief explanation of what's going on down there...your muscles will go into a spasm that you have no control over closing off any entrance down there at all. Even if you don't feel the spasm, but you do seem super tight, that's exactly what it is. - you will be so surprised how many young women have struggled with this and very relieved to see that they do offer an at-home treatment program. It really does help. Trying different types of tampons doesn't work, believe me I tried and it only frustrated me more.

Sorry for the long comment - but you shouldn't ignore this if its what you have - and try to be proactive about it before you get married. My sister just happens to also have the same condition and she is also 20 years old and a virgin. Good luck!!
                Last edited by womens-health; 06-08-2007, 09:38 AM. Reason: outbound links are only allowed by VIP members

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X