Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delaying my period for my honeymoon!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaying my period for my honeymoon!?

Does anyone know how I can delay or speed up my period for my wedding / honeymoon if I'm currently not on the pill? I cannot take birth control pills because I've had a history of high blood pressure in the past?

• There really isn't anything you can do. If you exercise a ton, it will delay it, but thats bad for you.

Comment

• While, if you're not on the pill, there's no safe way to delay your period, there are certainly ways that you can make sure your period doesn't interfere with your fun too terribly. You can use Instead menstrual cups or a contraceptive diaphragm to stop the flow and have tidier sex.

Congratulations on your impending nuptials!
      Last edited by LanaBear; 01-06-2010, 11:17 PM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Comment

• re elaying my period for my honeymoon

hello,

You see, there are two problems with hormones. The first is that they are unreliable and might not keep your period away on the days you want there to be no bleeding.

The second thing is that they come with risks and the risks include things like heart attacks and stroke (cerebrovascular accident) – not very likely but that is absolutely no compensation if it happens to you.

The bottom line is that there is nothing you can safely and reliably take to stop a period.

thanks

Comment

• The OP started this thread in 2007 and hasn't returned.

Please look at the top left hand side of Threads before replying...

This thread is closed.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X