Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this my period?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this my period?

A week before my period (last Tuesday) I began having brown discharge that started with pink in it but turned completely to brown. I needed to wear pantyliners so it wouldn't stain my underwear. I thought this was a precursor to my period, but today is the day I should have started bleeding and still just experiencing this discharge for 7 days now though it's been gradually lighter. I'm on the pill, have taken it perfectly for many months, and took a pregnancy test today that said negative. I'm experiencing my normal period cramps and everything but no blood other than brown discharge! Was/Is this my period?
    In the end, the king and the pawn both go into the same box.

• Brown is old blood. Periods can be so light that there is no significant amount of blood there but the uterine lining still sheds meaning the brown stuff. It is also a sign that a period is coming or has ended. Brown discharge happens to all women at some point.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• So you think this was my period?...I thought it was spotting at first since it was a week early and was still taking my active pills and freaked but it's lasted a week. Ugh my body!
      In the end, the king and the pawn both go into the same box.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X