Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chronic bacterial vaginosis

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you have a health food store in your neighborhood? see if they have a refrigerated section with vitamins and find a good probiotic. you can try inserting them and taking them orally. Rinsing with peroxide (please dont douche wont lower your pH well enough to be a treatment but it can kill bad bacteria before you try and absorb the good ones. Rephresh gave me temporary relief like for sex, but its not a cure. In addition to probiotics I take folic acid and cranberry pills as well as vitamin d and a multi. What are your symptoms? do they change with your menstrual cycle? what kind of antibiotics have you tried, have you taken tindamax?
    I hope you find something that works, I remember how awful it is having to think about BV all day.

Comment

• BV...

I'm glad I found this site! I've been reading alot of stuff about BV that you women have posted. I get it every month for the last year and a half. It's so frustrating! It's ruining my personal life! I've been on metro gel, and flagal, and it goes away then comes back right after my cycle. The doctor even prescribed my boyfriend flagal to see if He was just giving it back to me every month. and I had a question about the metro gel, When I insert it, I get horrible cramps, and I almost always bleed (or spot) when it's in my system, is that normal? What else can I try for BV?

Comment

• Fem D

I've been using the Fem D for 3 weeks now and I see a definite improvement. I can go all day with no discharge and no odor. i still get some discharge but it's not as much, not the same. I take one orally and one vaginally each night. It's definitely working and I hope by week 8 (I was told it may take up to 2 months depending on the severity) it will be gone. At least I am not thinking about it every minute of the day! It was driving me nuts!

I've also read to stay clear of sugar.. I know hard

Comment

• I called my doctor yesterday to let him know that the 10 days of tindamax didn't do anything for me. He said he was going to prescribe me an estrogen vaginal suppository...I'm only 25, but he said that some women get good results....Any thoughts on this?

Comment

• I have taken three rounds of flagyl and the last one I broke out in hives. While the symptoms lessen I don't think they ever go completely away. I still have the odor, discharage, burning, and when close to my period I will get stabbing pains. I am taking Fem-Dophilus now. At first it looked like it finally going to help me, but I think it was only temporary. I am like everyone else and just don't know what to do. I have a prescription for clindamycin now, but don't want to take it unless I have no other choice. I think my body has just had too many antibiotics. It is like I have some type of bv that is resistant to antibiotics.

Comment

• hi ladies, follow this thread and read everything that you all contribute. Amazing amount of information. I was diagnosed with BV last year after pushing and pushing to be tested. I was told that it is normal and every woman has different amounts of discharge...but I knew it was not right for me. I felt like was incontinent and continually felt this bubbling of liquid coming out of me. My case seemed to not have any obvious symptoms..as the discharge was clear...not much of a smell either. I did a round of Metro and another type (1 tablet per day) for 4 days. It cleared up...but now I have a feeling its come back. grrrrrrrr. I'm trying the pro biotics and sitting in a tub of water and apple cider vinegar....can't hurt I guess. Have booked into gyno again next week...but am scared to ask for a retest...she thinks I'm overly aware of what goes on..but how could you not be aware of this ??!!!

Another poster said...where is the research into this ??? I ask this all the time also...so have googled a bit and came across this.

(edit)

so it seems there is research happening...I hope there is definitive solution to this in the near near future.
              Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-19-2009, 02:38 AM. Reason: outbound links - banned

Comment

• Just to update, I tried the Femmesil after my period (at which point it was predictably bad - irritation and odour). It does seem to have helped, and with no particular odour, irritation or yeast infection so far (a week now). I think for me it might work best to use it in conjunction with the RePHresh, ie. to use the Femmesil straight after my period to kill off any bacteria/fungus, then get the ph back on track with the RePHresh.

My only real gripes with the Femmesil are the tiny tube, and that it is very dark grey, so causes a bit of a mess. These aren't major problems if it works though, obviously.

For those of you who have yeast infections as well as the BV, something else I'm finding helpful is to give my underwear an extra rinse after washing. I've used incredibly mild washing powder or liquid for years (I use soapnut these days, which is totally natural), but I've really noticed a difference since I started giving an extra rinse. I guess anything can irritate.

Comment

• Hey ya'll!!! I've been doing pretty well since my last posts on here. I'm taking 2 Fem-Dophilius pills a day and also my prescription of AVC cream. I'd suggest a talking to with ya'lls doctor about AVC cream. It's hard as to find, but it's not impossible. Try it, can't hurt.

Comment

• ooops sorry. didn't realise out bound links were banned. just some links related to research that is currently taking place.

Will put the AVC down on my list of questions for my gyno.

Comment

• Originally posted by caramel504 View Post
                      Hey ya'll!!! I've been doing pretty well since my last posts on here. I'm taking 2 Fem-Dophilius pills a day and also my prescription of AVC cream. I'd suggest a talking to with ya'lls doctor about AVC cream. It's hard as to find, but it's not impossible. Try it, can't hurt.
                      Did the AVC cream clear you up? I will ask my doc about it. He has me on vagifem right now, which is an estrogen replacement. I don't think its going to work for me.

I tried the Femmesil also and it didn't work. I thought it was going to but when I stopped using it I had the same problems. I don't like the way it smells either.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Is there something wrong with me?

Like everyone else just pointed out before me, there is nothing wrong with you. NEVER EVER blame yourself for something like this.
                        You were just...

Yesterday, 09:07 AM By Mo
                      • Reply to Making everyday routine joyful

This could be a lot of fun, but I could never do this at work. I could do this with texts from he BF, set only to work only at certain times. I'd especially...

07-04-2022, 06:16 PM By atskitty2
                      • Reply to Does lube actually help you?

Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

07-04-2022, 10:27 AM By Zoë T.

I'm not the best multitasker and personally like to devote all of my energy and mind towards one thing at a time. So using a sex toy during work or zoom...

07-04-2022, 10:22 AM By Zoë T.

One thing about work is that you are being paid for your work which to me means you should be focused on work when you are being paid to perform it (and...

07-03-2022, 10:29 PM By jns

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X