Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chronic bacterial vaginosis

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried the doctor-prescribed medication to no avail. I tried the boric acid up my hoo-ha. The only thing that worked was D-Mannose, a natural supplement. I used it for 5 days straight, took 1 by mouth every 2 hours. It cleared up. Wanted to post this to help others who may not have had success using different routes. I also take it as directed once in the a.m. and once in the p.m. as a preventative measure.

Comment

• Been lurching here and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great discussions!!

Comment

• I had a horrible, nonstop case of BV for 3 years, burning, itching, the works, I did flagyl, clindamycin, vit c and boric acid inserts... everything which either did nothing or made it worse. Doctors told me I would just have to live with it, that many women have chronic BV. Finally I started with women's probiotics orally which helped a lot providing I didn't eat anything sweet (like a piece of fruit) but were pricey. Then I found a product called femflora which is an inexpensive and good women's probiotic. I inserted one vaginally every night before bed for 2 mos. BV gone. Problem solved for over a year now. I have sex, eat sweets, never think about it. But if I have the slightest itchiness, or just the threat of itching, I do an insert, just in case.

Because I went through such hell with it for so long, and found an inexpensive and permanent solution I'm posting on every BV message thread I can find to help other women who are as desperate as I was. Good luck with it.

Oh, and colloidial silver helped too, I made my own as I was drinking it down for a quite a while there.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Is there something wrong with me?

Like everyone else just pointed out before me, there is nothing wrong with you. NEVER EVER blame yourself for something like this.
          You were just...

Yesterday, 09:07 AM By Mo
        • Reply to Making everyday routine joyful

This could be a lot of fun, but I could never do this at work. I could do this with texts from he BF, set only to work only at certain times. I'd especially...

07-04-2022, 06:16 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to Does lube actually help you?

Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

07-04-2022, 10:27 AM By Zoë T.

I'm not the best multitasker and personally like to devote all of my energy and mind towards one thing at a time. So using a sex toy during work or zoom...

07-04-2022, 10:22 AM By Zoë T.

One thing about work is that you are being paid for your work which to me means you should be focused on work when you are being paid to perform it (and...

07-03-2022, 10:29 PM By jns

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X