Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vaginal irritation/itching! help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpmorgan82
    replied
    Try an over the counter ointment, Americain, its 20% Benzocain. Its actually a hemorrhoid ointment but it relieves the pain, itch and burn.

Leave a comment:

• Aurora Diva
    replied
    I kinda have the same problem at the moment. Did you find a solution????

Leave a comment:

• ilovebaxter
    started a topic vaginal irritation/itching! help!

vaginal irritation/itching! help!

One day my vulva/labia/outside of vagina randomly started itching. It has been a little over a month now and this has never happened to me before. It started randomly one day while I was working. I had been using scented laundry detergent and scented soaps but immediately switched to unscented everything. i went to the gyno last week and found out I'm perfectly healthy down there, I have NO stds or infections. She said that it is a small imbalance that my body has to take care of on its own and it has to "reset" itself. However, I've been waiting a month and have not seen improvement. It is litterally just a mild itch/irritation and when i sit still it doesn't bother me at all. It only bothers me when I have to put underwear on and walk around. Does anyone know anything about this problem? I was hoping if anyone has known anyone or had this problem they could give me some advice or point me into the right direction. Ive been wearing 100% cotton undies, fragrence free EVERYTHING, no sex, no douching. I've been sleeping without underwear every night and wear no underwear every chance i get. I havent been wearing any tight clothing. I take coldish warm showers and completely stopped shaving down there. I've done everything the gyno has told me to do since last week but i still get a irritation when there is friction from my underwear. I've also been eatting yogurt twice a day for it to maybe help the cause. They said it should clear up in 2-3 weeks but its already been a week since ive seen the gyno and a MONTH since it has started and i have not felt any better at all. I've been to the dermotoligist who gave me a steroid cream that I used for a week and it did not help me and I tried using vagisil for a week but it still did not go away. Before i switched to cotton undies it was very red and raw but It has not been red since I switched over to cotton underwear but there is still irritation. It is stressing me out and putting a stop to my sex life with my bf and its making me very depressed. I call the gyno office and they say to give it time but there is no improvement. I need some advice so i dont go insane because i really feel no hope with this getting better after all the things i have read about vaginal irritation and how some people have had it for years with no cure.. I also have been on birth control for 4 years and it's never bothered me before or caused any problems. I'm 19 years old. please someone help i feel hopeless and it's only been a month i can't even imagine years...
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Full body sensual massage

The situation sounds and looks crazy. Of course, it is not clear to me in principle how you can date a girl, realizing that she is rubbing her body against...

10-14-2021, 02:04 PM By Jelyamorw
  • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

From what I have read, it is true. A lot of people are blowing the risks associated with Covid-19 vaccines way out of proportion, IMO....

10-13-2021, 09:07 AM By jns
  • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
    however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
    however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
  • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
  • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
  • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
  • Planning vs Sleep for Sexy Times

After 15 years or so on the same schedule, my husband's work schedule has changed. I don't like it.
    We have had to become much less spontaneous...

09-28-2021, 01:35 PM By Wednesday L.F.
Working...
X