Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal hygiene

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal hygiene

I have been with this guy for 6 years and married to him for 1 1/2 years. I have been prone to uriary track infections as well as experianced a few yeast infections. Which sucks. My Dr. told me this among other things but to not use soap on your vagina and not to bath in oils and bubble bath. Also never to use douches because it can create infections. Well my husband feels that I am unclean because of this and that there is odor "sometimes". I have told him what the Dr. told me and he doesn't agree. I have even told him to ask his own Dr. but I know he won't. How do make him understand that I am not a unclean person? And is it normal to have some ordor sometimes?

• soaps

There are soaps you can use down there called VAGISIL and FEMFRESH because ordinary soap will make you sore.A friend of mine didn't feel clean unless down there had a good wash and she used soap that made her sore.

Take care

Comment

• The vagina has it's own personal musk to it. So yes, there is a smell. If the smell is your usual smell, then there's nothing wrong. If it's unusually strong or rank, it could be an indication of infection. To deal with strong smells, there are cremes on the market, like Vagisil, which neutralize them pretty well.

Your doctor is right, douching is not a good idea. It can cause irritation, infection, and can complicate an already existing infection. You're better off not doing it. Soap and oils should also never come into contact with your genitalia, as that could also cause irritation and infection.

If this smell is your normal smell, then you should remind your husband that there's no such thing as a scentless vagina. It's a moist, warm, and dark area - there's bound to a smell.

If this bothers you both, though, you could always try washing yourself before you and your husband become intimate. During the day, sweat and urine come into contact with your genital area, and could cause the scent to change slightly. I've always noticed my scent was a little stronger in summer (given that I sweat more). That could be your problem.

Comment

• Hey thanks! I would have to say its my usual smell! I appreciate your advice, and I agree in the summer its a bit stronger due to sweating! But I don't think its bad but its hard to hear the man your with say things like that, it makes me feel insecure! Appreciate your thoughts!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
        • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
        • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
        • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
        • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X