Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bv

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bv

I get medicine from the doctor and it comes back every month. What can I do differently it is really annoying and embarassing when i have sex and there is that horrible fishy smell after. Please help.

• Someone asked this same question so here is the answer I gave them....

I went through a spell where I kept getting BV as well. A lot of things can cause recurrences of BV. Most of it is the same things that trigger a yeast infection.

You need to avoid using any kind of vaginal cleansers or chemicals (even if you get that fishy odor). Using anything such as douche will only make it worse. Avoid taking bubble baths or getting any soap in the vagina. Do not use cleansing wipes or vaginal deoderants either.

Wear breathable panties. Preferably cotton. Try to wear loose clothing. The key is to help reduce excess moisture.

Make sure that you and your partner always wash your hands and private areas before and after any sort of sexual contact. This will help prevent spreading the bacteria which causes BV. Make sure that if you use any sort of toys, that you always clean them with soap and rinse them thoroughly.

The medications that are given for BV are indeed cures. They completely cure you of BV. The problem is that you are reinfecting yourself somehow. It's usually due to one of the situations I described above. I know that when I have had it, I was given one pill and that was all I had to take for that occurance. Excessive stress can also trigger recurrences.

Comment

• BV

Get a bacterial culture. You could have an e-coli infection that could make clue cells show up. BV meds dont kill bacterial like e-coli.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X