Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

freaking out...please help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freaking out...please help!

So I know that I already posted, but today makes day 37 of my cycle and still nothing, and I dont think I have ever had a cycle this long before...I have been cramping and feeling like its coming, but it hasn't yet. I am sexually active, but the last time I had sex was sept. 2 (it was the last day of my period and it was very light). The first day of my last period was Aug. 28. My cycles in the past vary from 28-36 or so days. I have lost about 30 pounds since the beginning of August, and since the beginning of september I have been stressed. Everything from having watch my boyfriend leave for work in another state and getting to be a wreck about that, to beginning my last year of nursing school. I know that since I am a nursing student that I probably should know whats going on, but to be honest with everything going on, I have just been freaking out about everything, and I dont know where to begin. And this not getting my period isn't helping me because I am thinking, what if I am pregnant? I know for a fact that I am in NO condition to have a baby yet...yes I do want them, but not yet...my life needs to get more stable first. I just don't see how I could be pregnant. I mean we use condoms, and it was the last day of my period. I just dont know right now. Any thoughts, advice, anything about what might be going on would be nice right about now. Thanks so much!!!!!

• It's probably just late because you are stressing out.
    Take a pregnancy test to make sure. Better to know right away.

Comment

• thanks sourpuss!!! I have a feeling that it is stress..i looked back on old cycles and I have had cycles from 26 or so-40+ days....If I dont start my period by next week, I'll take a test...I should probably bring up these ridiculous cycles to my doctor at my pap next month...i can keep you updated if you wish.

Comment

• Stress can absolutely make you miss a cycle, or have a late one. A gyno once told me that as women, pregnancy is not the only miracle our bodies perform.

She said that we are all born with all the eggs we will ever have in our lives, and that conditions have to be just right for that one egg to fall each month, for ovulation to occur and then our periods if we don't become pregnant. She then said that anything from lack of sleep, too much partying, too much stress, and excessive weight loss could completely interrupt the process of that month's egg.

Sorry you are feeling so stressed out! Its awful the way our bodies respond sometimes.

Comment

• Take care and let us know how it goes.

Comment

• Hey there ladies!!! Thanks so much for your help...I am no longer in freak out mode, my period started today It had to have been the stress making it all out of whack!!!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X