Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cramps! Help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cramps! Help!

I have terrible cramps. Always have, ever since my first period. I have literally tried everything and nothing has worked and if it did help it was only for a cycle or two and then back to the intense pain.

I was told I have endometriosis and had a laporoscopy which didn't seem to really help. I've been on numerous different birth control pills, had acupuncture, taken calcium, I rarely drink alcohol, I exercise vigorously 5 times a week for two hours, I've tried the hot pad...you name it, I've tried it.

Now, I think I can handle pain fairly well, but I am out for the first day of my period every month. (used to be the first 2+ days, so that's better)

It takes me at least 3-4 midol at the first onset of cramps to dull the pain. Is that normal?

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
    Thanks in advance.

• Am I the only one around here who has cramps?

Comment

• your not alone

I Deal with the same thing every month. I didnt always have them this bad though probably for the past 2 years or so. I start cramping a week before i actually get my period off and on but horrible pain. Then the first day is like HELL... im always unable to do anything.. curled up on the floor wanting to just die from the pain. Everyone who knows me , knows that I cannot live without Midol I always have boxes on hand ahead of time... I do the same thing even tho people tell me that i probably shouldn't be taking that much Midol. I HAVE TO THOUGH! Its the only way I can get out and get to work or do anything simple. Sometimes I think its not normal and want to go to the hospital lol knowing **** well they will send me home with nothing to do for me. The only thing my gyn tells me is that.. "that is normal for some women and BC is the only answer" Well it wasnt! so I would love some advice on this too YOUR NOT ALONE tho

Helen

Comment

• I'm sorry, I know endo can totally mess up your life, my best friend had it forever.

I recently read an article from an MD saying that if you start to take your midol or advil or motrin BEFORE you get your period - the day before, if you know when its coming - the medicine has a cumulative effect and can lessen the cramps.

Do either of you ladies have scripts from your doctors for Naproxen or anything strong to help you get through??

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyLane View Post
          I'm sorry, I know endo can totally mess up your life, my best friend had it forever.

I recently read an article from an MD saying that if you start to take your midol or advil or motrin BEFORE you get your period - the day before, if you know when its coming - the medicine has a cumulative effect and can lessen the cramps.

Do either of you ladies have scripts from your doctors for Naproxen or anything strong to help you get through??
          I was thinking of trying that. I sometimes can tell when I'm going to get my cycle a few hours before. I was thinking I'd start taking one midol every hour as soon as I knew it was coming on.

The problem is that I fluctuate by 4 or so days every month and many times get it in the middle of the night. But I will try the pre-emptive strike next month.

Comment

• When i get my period i get really bad cramps too, i take 2 advil to start off and that usually last for 4 hours or a lil more. I know when you have endo that comes with alot of pain too so i can just imagine what you go through. Ive never tried midol so im not sure how that works.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X