Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PMDD help!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMDD help!!!

Hi. I am 22 and have recently been diagnosed with PMDD by a psychiatrist. I already take 20 mg Prozac everyday for anxiety, but it doesn't seem to do anything during the week before my period (PMDD week). I am pushing everyone I love away. They try to understand, but I eventually feel guilty for irrationally lashing out at them. I have total rage, not anger, but rage over small things. I am normally a very peaceful caring person, so even i feel strange after I realized how I have acted. I feel depressed and sooooooo tired. I need help. The only thing my psychiatrist told me to do was up my Prozac for 10 days before my period. This doesn't seem to help, and I don't want to be on anymore medication. Are there any natural remidies (sp?) for PMDD? Please help me I feel like I am going insane!!

• There is a book called "the 4 hour body", there are several different diets in the book, one of the diets is slow carb. It consists of mostly MEAT, BEANS and VEGTABLES, not all vegetables some. My pmdd appears as sever exhaustion, and mood swings. Mood swings vary form anger to avoiding people to depression. I changed my diet for hope in a solution, not because I needed to loose weight, I am skinny, skinny.

Being on slow carb diet. My energy sky rocketed! My feelings of anxiety toward my period completely changed, my personality actually completely transformed. I became HAPPIER I had more energy I felt awesome. You don't realize your unhealthy, until you feel healthy again. Any how After being on the diet for a while, like three months. I started to yearn again for my unhealthy diet of pasta, pizza, carb heavy veggies like fries, fruit, and breads, fried chicken emotional comfort foods. (even though their is cheat days in slow carb I still craved bad foods on non cheat days.) This lead me off of the slow carb diet and back to a land of misery. While eating a healthy diet is difficult and does require additional planning, time and energy, the pros out weight the cons. If you are a veterinarian you can do the slow carb deit it just requires way more effort on greens and nut intakes. Any how I hope this helps, I feel healthy habits like diet and exercise have a huge impact on my pmdd symptoms. The solution is not immediate you can't be on the diet for a week and feel better it takes two or three weeks before your body is clean of chemically processed foods.

Here is an additional diet change I made, I did not consume any MSG, now and days MSG is in everything we eat it has so many different names its hard to know what has it in it and what doesn't. I made an active choice to not eat any broth made from msg, any processed or cured meats with msg, or anything similar. I hope this helps other women who are suffering. I know it helped me.

Comment

• You may ask how a diet could possibly help a hormonal problem, but female hormones work alongside insulin, which is controlled by the carbohydates in your body.

Try simply cutting down on the bread/rice/pasta you're eating, and adding some fat if you need to keep your caloric intake sufficient. Don't just jump into it; ease in to keep cravings at bay. Since changing to a low-carb lifestyle, I have seen my pre-period symptoms wane - too bad I can never tell when it's coming now!
      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Oh my word! Thank you so so much! I cannot wait to try it...and I will def. buy the book.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
        • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
        • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
          also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
        • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
        • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
          looked it up & says vulvodynia
          however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
        • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
        Working...
        X