Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend needs help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CatterDay
    replied
    I would recommend taking her to planned parenthood. Always good to get a second opinion.

Leave a comment:

• BabyGirl
    replied

The doctor prescribed her birth control, then they decided to do some blood tests, but nothing ever happened after that. All they really did was charge her a bunch of money and had no conclusion from the blood work.
    When you say No conclusion from the blood tests. That is a good thing. They ( Dr's) rarely contact you unless they find something wrong, then they will schedule further tests. So the Money wasn't wasted.

Is she taking her pills correctly, on time, same time everyday, not missing any pills ?

She may need a different strength of pills, some can be too strong or too weak . Planned parenthood should be able to help with figuring out what pill is going to work best.

It takes time for our bodies to get used to the pill, time to actually regulate, so there may be "Odd " cycles of heavy or light or shorter or longer periods. if a missed pill or 2 our bodies can react and spot, thinking it's time for the period when it's not . it's like a Yo Yo, when your system is up , down, up, down with her taking the pill, if it is not taken on time, same time every day .

I would make an appointment at Planned Parenthood. Discuss the strength and kind of pill she is on. They may suggest she stop the pill she is on, let her have a Natural Period or two and then start a new pill. During this time, use a Condom as protection, both during the " Off Pill "Time and the first full month of the new pill.

Leave a comment:

• Tykimeister
    started a topic Girlfriend needs help

Girlfriend needs help

My girlfriend has been having some problems with her menstrual cycle and I am wondering what she should do. Keep in mind that she was on the birth control shot about a year ago, and everything seems to have gone down hill from there. Her periods have become very different than before, some times no bleeding for 45 days, then having a period that lasts 2 weeks.

Recently, meaning 2 or so months ago, she started bleeding, the clotting for over 2 weeks. It was probably 20-30 days of blood clots coming out until she started feeling ill and had to go see the doctor. The doctor put her on birth control again (the pill) to help stop the bleeding (which it did stop it), but then she didn't have her period again for quite some time and the bleeding/clotting is starting again. It wont stop, my girlfriend says.

The doctor prescribed her birth control, then they decided to do some blood tests, but nothing ever happened after that. All they really did was charge her a bunch of money and had no conclusion from the blood work.

So now that she started bleeding/clotting for over 2-3 weeks we just went and got the birth control again since thats all the doctor made her do last time. No sense in paying a lot of money for them to figure out whats wrong when they didn't accomplish anything the first time. My girlfriend doesn't have health insurance so our options are quite limited. Is this type of thing something Planned Parenthood can help her with?

If anyone has any suggestions what is wrong or what needs to be done, please let me know.
    Thanks,
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords
  • Reply to Full body sensual massage

The situation sounds and looks crazy. Of course, it is not clear to me in principle how you can date a girl, realizing that she is rubbing her body against...

10-14-2021, 02:04 PM By Jelyamorw
  • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

From what I have read, it is true. A lot of people are blowing the risks associated with Covid-19 vaccines way out of proportion, IMO....

10-13-2021, 09:07 AM By jns
  • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
    however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
    however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
  • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
  • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
  • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
  • Planning vs Sleep for Sexy Times

After 15 years or so on the same schedule, my husband's work schedule has changed. I don't like it.
    We have had to become much less spontaneous...

09-28-2021, 01:35 PM By Wednesday L.F.
Working...
X