Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spotting for a month - PLEASE help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting for a month - PLEASE help.

hey there. new to the boards and plan on staying! if it's one thing i cannot stand, it's when people post about issues and drop off the face of the earth. i promise you, i am not going to be that person.

right now, i am having some issues and would like some help or to hear that i am not alone in this, and that this has happened to others, possibly.

i'm 30 years old, no kids, no birth control, married and do not want kids. my husband has been deployed now for four months, so there is no way i am pregnant. to set my mind at ease, because google always says PREGNANT! -- i have taken several tests just to confirm. i have always had VERY irregular periods. i do not go to the doctor very much, either. on the 4th of july, i started to spot and i have been spotting everyday since - so almost a month now. it isn't heavy at all, and is literally barely there. i have never had this happen before. i have had spotting for a couple of days in the past - but nothing exceeding 3-4 days at the very most.

i don't soak a pad, even after wearing it for hours upon hours. in fact, a lot of times there's nothing on the pad after wearing it for hours. but when i wipe, i see it.

i have an appointment for the end of august, but would like to know if anyone has ever had this issue. please help.

• 132 views and not one person responds.

I'm starting to think that this and other forums are all the same. People come on and sign up to ask a question but end up leaving. Maybe they leave because they don't get help.

Comment

• Originally posted by asailorswife View Post
      132 views and not one person responds.

I'm starting to think that this and other forums are all the same. People come on and sign up to ask a question but end up leaving. Maybe they leave because they don't get help.
      but would like to know if anyone has ever had this issue.
      Perhaps you should change the way you ask the question.. ie) Any suggestions?

I am sorry that other Forums don't reply, our members and Admin/Mods do everything out of our power to, if there is a question we can provide our opinion with.

There is also an Advance Search here , that helps you punch in your question to see other replies over the years relating to your question...

Honestly, spotting can be a lot of things.

Mainly, I think from all I've read and my own experiences, stress.

Are you stressing because your husband is away?

Are there other issues in your life?

Also if you are not on the pill, you may need to seek thoughts from your Doctor, at 30, spotting, your body is still able to have children but can be irregular and the pill helps keeps things into perspective.
      Regular.

Welcome to WH.. We'd like to hear more.
      Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-01-2013, 02:39 AM.
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• It could be because no one else has had this issue, or that we just simply have no idea of what is going on with you. You say you will be attending the doctor's in August, then just go with what he/she says. You only posted 5 hours apart so that really is not a long period of time when you consider this forum has members from all over the world.
        That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I find it humoring that you responded to what you felt to be rude, and not the question, claret.

Thanks for the response, chandlers wish. I'm sorry if my post wasn't correctly worded by using statements such as "any suggestions" - I wasn't aware of there being guidelines or hand books on how to get your post responded to on a public Internet forum. Silly me.

Comment

• Please don't assume that you know what I was responding to - you are wrong. And who mentioned rude? Not me I simply responded that perhaps no one else on the forum has had this problem, or that perhaps because of the scope of the membership here, that not all people throughout the membership had been able to read your original post. I think in my opinion you perhaps won't get many responses if this is how you react to people when they do respond to you.

Comment

Claret, you're exactly right.

Comment

I came to this forum and asked a question. I made a response because I saw so many people had viewed it, and I was sad to see that my post was ending up like so many others (after browsing the forums, mine is one in a million without responses) going unnoticed. Instead of saying something valuable to me, like:

I don't have this issue, but I'm sure someone would come around and help, if at all possible.

You come on my thread and point out things that truly are unnecessary, in my opinion.

At the end of the day, I don't need an argument on my post. If it was THAT big of a deal to stick your nose in it and let me know how you think my style of responses are, you should've approached me like an adult, via private message.

Comment

And don't bother responding. The admins can close this discussion. I can see already that this forum isn't the place to get help.

Especially from you, claret.

Chandlers wish, thank you for your response. I'll take clarets advice and just "wait" to see my doctor and go with what they tell me. And move to another forum where it's a little more welcoming.

Comment

• I hope you find the answer you are looking for. I believe I've been nothing but polite to you. Have a great day.

Comment

• First, your issue: It is not uncommon for women to go through times of imbalance. It's no fun, but not uncommon. If the spotting is the only issue you're having, most doctors will tell you to allow a full cycle to occur and see if it stops. A full cycle for you could be 28 days, but it could also be 30...34...35..etc. If it doesn't stop, the doctor will likely recommend hormonal bc. I'm not someone who can take bc as it makes me feel awful...so I can't be of help there.

Now...for the other stuff you've addressed: As a Moderator and someone who has been on this forum for MANY years, what I can tell you is that this forum IS a place to get help, but it is not a place to be rude, ungrateful and demeaning to our members. It will strictly not be tolerated.

You asked a question. Lots of people read your post, but those who read it either didn't have any advice or perhaps intended to come back later and respond after work or after dinner. You did not get a response in what YOU considered to be a reasonable time and so you responded to your own post by making a rude remark about the forum. Perhaps you should read your own words and pretend someone else wrote them. Your rudeness was uncalled for.

No one is going to beg you to stay here. We are a phenomenal group of women AND men who spend incredible amounts of our time helping people through various issues of life. We respond when we can and to what we can. We will not always be on your time frame or on your script...so if that is what you expect you should definitely move on. If "forums" take too long to give you answers, or don't give you the answers you want, then maybe forums aren't for you. We are humans with lives, not robots.

If you stay, please know your rudeness will not be tolerated. If you choose to go, good luck to you.
                      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• It strikes me as strange, when valued members sucha s Claret and including Moderators/Admin take the time to help someone, write on their thread and make them feel welcome that they judge us, over all Forums or judge us full stop.

Thank you for taking the time out Claret, BD.

We can not help everyone.

Thread closed.

OP rudeness and judging will not help you get answers on any Forum..

Best wishes in your quest for answers on those said Forums.

CW
                        Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-01-2013, 02:56 PM.
                        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
                        • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
                        • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
                          also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
                        • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
                        • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
                          looked it up & says vulvodynia
                          however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
                        • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                        • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                        • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
                        Working...
                        X