Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Very young and scared :(

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Very young and scared :(

Please help!

Very recently, my vaginal discharge which is usually whitish and yellow when dried, has turned brown. It's not smelly; it seems basically the same as the whitish discharge, only a brown color. I thought I saw some blood-ish (very weak, kind of rusty almost, but reddish) type stuff, but I don't know if its my period or something else. I've never had a period before, as I'm only 13.

• Hi Lexie.

It sounds like you're at the beginning of starting your period. Most girls start around your age. My daughter will be 13 this December and she started hers a few months ago. At first, your periods might be irregular... sometimes light...sometimes heavy...you may skip a month here or there. I know it can be scary when you don't know what to expect, but I hope that you have an older relative or maybe a school nurse to talk to about what's happening. And don't feel embarrassed because it's something that we all go through.

Comment

• Congrats! I think you're starting your period too. You seem pretty educated based on your vocabulary use.
      I remember when I first got mine ... I had black spotting O.o It looked like squished spiders in my "panties" ... in fact, I think that's what I told my mom >.>
      Let your mom (or father or guardian) know so that you can go buy some sanitary napkins. Don't worry about using tampons yet unless you're a swimmer.
      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Thank you

I can sleep unworriedly thanks to you guys

thanks again!

-Lexie

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Pubic Hair Design

I used to date a chick who was fond of shaving in designs. I could take or leave it, but the joy she got from feeling pretty “down there” made me...

Yesterday, 08:12 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

Nice! We don’t even have kids and getting out of the apartment in favor of a hotel or hot tub can really steam things up for us. I encourage every couple...

Yesterday, 08:10 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Reply to hair loss

Oh man…I’m having crazy hair loss these days, starting about a year ago. My doc says stress is a key factor, but I also started taking vitamin D since...

Yesterday, 08:04 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

When I run out of cool ideas, I get my hubs a nerdy T-shirt. As such, he’s got about 30 of them....

Yesterday, 07:59 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
          once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
        widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X