Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be a miscarriage? Do I need to see a doc?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be a miscarriage? Do I need to see a doc?

It has been a year since my son has been born and I have been breastfeeding, and no period, so I started birth control. My past with my cycle has never been normal, my doc and I am suprised I got pregnant naturally because I don't ovualte regularly. Well my last asctive pill was taken on a Wednesday and I started no period till Sunday after noon. I was having symtoms of being pregnant for about a week and half before but I thought that there was no way considering i was still weaning my son and using the pill, even though my husband and I didn't use protection. When I started Sunday it was so heavy! I have never had heavy periods! I was bleeding bout as much after I gave birth and it continued till Tuesday night when it abruptly stopped. I had awful cramping, that is not normal for me, small clots, and backache. The day after is stopped it my back ached so bad in the lower regions. I didnt take a HPT, so i don't know if I was pregnant. Could I have had a miscarriage, or what is going on. Do I need to see my doc? I don't know what is going on and I am scared, worried, and upset thinking I could have lost a child. If anyone has any advice I am open.

• Hi Columbakss.

I hope it's not a miscarriage...There are a few medical conditions that have the symptoms that you describe. But the only way you'll know for sure what's going on is if you see a doctor. I'm hoping that you'll be feeling better soon and that you'll be able to get some answers.

Comment

• hey there,
      lets just hope it's not a miscarriage. i have gone through that before and it's not fun. i can understand your concern. well as you might know or not know you can still get preggers even if you are breast feeding and show no signs of a period. i know when i took the pill my periods took a few days to come after my last active pill. the clots and cramps could be due to a heavy period also. also your period was heavy because you haven't had one for so long.as i got older my periods became really irregular like only bleeding for 2 days then stopping and then starting up again after a few days later. my cycle has changed each time i have delivered a child and i have 3. if you are concerned by all means go to your doctor. i would be safe than sorry. i hope you feel better soon. Lynne
      LYNNE

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X