Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BV/Yeast infections/Cervicitis/what now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iv had BV for 2 years!! Im sick of it.. Iv looked up BV on the net and with nearly every woman's comments it has returned! I visited my local GUM clinic where they gave me antibiotics called Metronidazole! I dont think they worked due to the fact they made me throw up due to the disgustin taste they left in my mouth. I visited my GP this week and she prescribed me the same thing which is once again making me throw up! If its always going to return then why prescribe this antibiotic? I feel like Im gonna be stuck with this for life and Im very worried due to only bein 20 years old and reading that it can make me infertile. Im lucky that I have an understanding boyfriend that isnt grossed out by it. I also read that using tampons, having sex, wearing thongs etc is a key factor in why it returns. what am I supposed to do.. Become a Nun? If anyone can help me then id REALLY appreciate it as its really getting me down.

Comment

• I had recurring yeast infections for about a year and a half. I think I tried just about every product out there. The best one that I found was "Yeast Arrest". You have to order it online, but its actually cheaper than the products that you buy over the counter. I finally figured out what was causing my problems after going to several different doctors and being tested for everything under the sun, changing my diet and being on several different medications. My boyfirend works with a lot of chemicals at his job and apparently had not been that great about washing his hands. We starting buying him LAVA soap and my problems stopped almost immediately!! My doctor also told me that yeast arrest is often used for BV infections because of its natural ability to rebalance your Ph levels.

Comment

• Question

Do men also report "catching" this from their partners?

Comment

• Old thread please look at the dates

Start a new one

Thread closed

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
          • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
          • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
            also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
          • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
          • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
            looked it up & says vulvodynia
            however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
          • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
          • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
          • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
          Working...
          X