Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAHHH! It's time for my annual exam!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAHHH! It's time for my annual exam!

With everyones true problems here, I feel a little silly posting this, but it is a real problem for me. It's my annual exam time again and I'm dreading it. It's still over a month away, but I'm already freaking out. I know most women don't enjoy this, but am I the only one that has this sick to my stomach fear? I have a great doctor now and this is my third year with her, but I have had horrible doctors in the past. Before I found my current doctor, I didn't have an gyno exam for over 10 years. I know everything will be fine, but I can't get over this fear. Any advice or help?

• Well, your not alone! It's normal for you to be scared and feeling that way especially if you've had bad doctors in the past. But if you have a good doctor and you've gotten a check up with them before, then try not to worry too much. You know it will be okay.
    I know how you feel because I always start having panicky feelings before going to get a check up or something but in the end it's not as bad as you thought it would be.

I hope I helped a little and take care!

Comment

• I can relate. It's just not a fun experience. You're not alone. I've had so many extra paps and other invasive procedures for years and years due to many female health problems. I still dread it every time! But, it's necessary. Take care.
      What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Comment

• Let me take you on the fun side of it, yep it can be.

I had cervical cancer, second degree.

I have stated this before, anyway i went to a dear old man, doctor, ah...

Whilst he deadned me, i was telling how all doctors break a needle in me, it must have been my past life, lol...

What i didn't know was that he was inserting that needle at that time, poor thing nearly had a heart attack. He told me later.

But he kept talking away and i was none the wiser.

When he finished burning the cancer, he was in a more jovial mood and suggested i put my "butt" back on that table.

When i looked up i realised i was so tense that i had lifted my body of the table literally and yep, i laughed and laughed.

I will always remember that and if it comes back again i will be back on his table.

He did good.

No woman likes a smear test let alone being told to go for biopsys etc.

I wont tell you what happened there, because i cried and they were horrid and i was 40.....

But let's just say, it's not that bad...
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by annieboo View Post
          With everyones true problems here, I feel a little silly posting this, but it is a real problem for me. It's my annual exam time again and I'm dreading it. It's still over a month away, but I'm already freaking out. I know most women don't enjoy this, but am I the only one that has this sick to my stomach fear? I have a great doctor now and this is my third year with her, but I have had horrible doctors in the past. Before I found my current doctor, I didn't have an gyno exam for over 10 years. I know everything will be fine, but I can't get over this fear. Any advice or help?
          I too have sick fear every year. I dread the worst!!! I worry weeks away. HELP

Comment

• I have no fear. I don't know if it helps to know that, but I thought I'd share a fear-free point of view. I put my first one off so long that I'd mentally prepared myself and was approaching the realm of curious. It was a female doctor at the student clinic and I had made the decision to just relax and get it over with. She even commented that I was as relaxed as someone who'd done it for years (and some of those still can't relax). It was totally relaxed until she told me she was going to check my ovaries! I was like "How the **f** is she going to do THAT!" So I lifted my head up to watch her!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
            • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
            • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
              also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
            • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
            • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
              looked it up & says vulvodynia
              however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
            • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
            • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
            • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
            Working...
            X