Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premature Ovarian Failure, known as POF

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premature Ovarian Failure, known as POF

I am 1 years old and I have been going through many problems with m hormone levels and other things relating to this over the past year and a half. I went to the doctor as I said, around a year and a half ago and I was told I had went through menopause at the early age of thirteen. I've been on medications to get my hormone levels up and to get my ovaries working once again for quite a while now, otherwise known as HRT, or Hormone Replacement Therapy. My ovaries are now working and I am currently able to have a menstrual cycle, and was told that when I have sexual intercorse that I still need to be on birth control and use protection, so does this mean that there is a small chance of me being able to reproduce naturally? For the many people who may not know what premature ovarian failure is, I plan on posting a threat with symptoms and such to maybe let you know if you may be in the same position as well.

• Hmm... are your ovaries functioning at this point? You can bleed and have a period, but not ovulate. The ovulation is the part that is necessary to get pregnant. There are tests that you can take to find out if you are ovulating or not.

Comment

• hi,need more info on this.could u help??

Comment

• Old thread.

Start a new one.

Closed.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X