Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Burning but no infection

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Burning but no infection

Hi all! Hoping someone can help me. About 2 months ago I had unprotected sex one time with a one night stand (stupid I know!) after that I got a bacterial infection AND a yeast infection (I had not had a new parter for many years and this typically happens to me with a new sexual partner)
    Of course my mind went straight to an STD but I have been screened 2x now and everything came back negative. I worried about HPV or Herpies but there is no visible sores or bumps. My OBGYN inspected and she said all looks good. Here is my issue though! After treatment for BV and yeast all symptoms went away (no discharge, no itch) except for redness and burning. I have been taking huge amounts of probiotics and it seems to make it worse. At this point the doc has no idea what wrong with me and just keeps giving me things saying "let's see if this works" I have tried boric acid suppositories, a steroid, clotrimazole after treating the BV and yeast (which is gone) we did the cultures as well and everything came back completely normal yet I still have burning and redness. There are no bumps, no sores, not cuts, just red and irritated.
    I don't use soap, only cotton undies and all that. It seems like a direct link from the BV and yeast yet there is no infection anymore. It's been over 2 months at this point and not better at all! For the last week I decided to just leave it alone and just take probiotics and it seems to be the same, maybe even worse! I am so irritated!! Literally.
    Does anyone have a clue what is the world could be going on? The doctor doesn't even know. Other then the redness/burning I feel perfectly fine. I work out regularly (I shower and change right after) I am full of energy like normal. I feel great but this just will not go away!! Any ideas? Suggestions? Advice?? Thanks

• Have you checked your pH?

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      Have you checked your pH?
      I haven't. Not sure if the doctor has. Okay so I took a big dose of probiotics yesterday and today there is still the burning but now the discharge is back full force! It was the same as when I had BV. It's white a "pastey" it seems like when I have the discharge is when the burning is the worst. It's like the discharge is literally burning my skin! I went to the bathroom and rinsed the discharge off and it's a little better so it seems like it is definitely something making discharge which is causing burning. I'm about to lose it! It's so awful!

ETA: there is no odor at all
      Last edited by cass2000; 10-02-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• I'd cut back on the probiotics. Your body actually needs and requires some of the bacteria (good) to cleanse the uterus and the vagina. Keep an eye on things and apply a cortisone steroid cream of about .5% concentration. This will help with the itch. If it doesn't help ask for betamethasone or clobetasol which is a gold-standard treatment for itching in the vulvar or anal area. If this continues on an off for a while after initially clearing up have your doctor do a biopsy for lichen sclerosus.
        That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• It truly sounds like an external allergic reaction to something. Keep in mind that just because you weren't allergic to something yesterday doesn't mean you won't be tomorrow. I have a friend who is allergic to a certain kind of toilet paper and another friend who is allergic to certain laundry detergents and fabric softeners.
          "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X