Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

I'm 16, I was diagnosed with endometriosis after bleeding for 4 months and ending up anemic, and in a hospital. I take Dasetta 1-35-28, and recently it's been giving me horrible depression and moodswings. It also doesn't stop the cramps, which at this point, I'm feeling pain up to my ribcage in various spots from the endometriosis. Should I stop the pill and risk spending time in the hospital every month again, missing school and work, or should I just deal with it? I'm a problem at this point, according to grandma.
    Last edited by LittlemissRose; 10-30-2016, 01:00 PM.

• No answers, this is quite stressful.

Comment

• Give people a little time. I think most people who post do so during the week.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• A frustrating issue no doubt. Your question is a difficult one because if ceasing use of the Dasetta will truly cause you to have to miss school and work and be in the hospital, then NO ONE is going to tell you to do that.

My friend had a procedure done to correct her endometriosis and it was very successful. That seems like a better option than what you're doing. Have you considered a procedure?

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Talk to your doctor. This is not a matter people on a forum can tell you what to do. Tell him/her your side effects. There may be alternative medications you can use that don't have the same side effects. If you current doctor doesn't help, find a better one. Usually somebody at a major teaching institute have access to more cutting edge treatments. Do you have family/parents you can talk to?
          Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Beautiful Disaster, I haven't considered a procedure because it was never an option for me.
            DreamP346, just seeking advice from women who may have it. I don't have anyone I can talk to about it. No one I knows has it and my grandmother believes I should just deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittlemissRose View Post
              DreamP346, just seeking advice from women who may have it. I don't have anyone I can talk to about it. No one I knows has it and my grandmother believes I should just deal with it.
              You should never have to "just deal with it." If you don't have anybody to talk to, go to the local Planned Parenthood. You should be able to get free healthcare there. Just go to talk with a doctor. They often have an OB/GYN. Just talk to them and get some advice. Ask them where to go and what your options are. Also, did you tell your doctor this? What did they say? Are you seeing an OB/GYN or just a primary care doctor.

Because you don't have an adult in your life who will help you, unfortunately you have to be your own advocate. You can seek advice from people on the internet, but a doctor really has to be the one making these decisions for you.
              Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• LittleMissRose - I am curious if there are any updates with you? How are you doing?
                "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X