Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irregular period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naiwen
    replied
    I came off the pill for a while too and missed a few periods. According to experts in the field, it takes up to 6 months for your hormonal system to readjust to you not taking your pills. Rest assured, it's called post-pill amenorrhea. So yeah, your body's going to readjust to producing hormones naturally. It's because the gland that produces these hormones doesn't know how to produce them anymore naturally, so it takes time. And since you've been on the pill for so long, you shouldn't about missing a few periods. It happened to me before too.

Leave a comment:

• jns
    replied
    Your body is probably not producing enough of certain hormones to have a regular period. Suppressed hormone production can occur in athletes and those who are very underweight. I would suppose some diets could also cause this to occur. Birth control pills provide hormones to interfere with the natural cycles. Of course, pregnancy also causes a woman to not have periods.

Leave a comment:

• Danielleaub46
    started a topic Irregular period

Irregular period

I had my first period when I was 11 and they were not regular, when I was 15 I went on birth control and had a regular period every month. Im now 20 and came off the pill in November 2016 and had only 2 periods since then, the last being in March 2017. I've had brown discharge once in April/May and pink spotting 4 weeks ago. And I am sexually active. Is there an explanation as to why I only have regular periods with birth control?
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Pubic Hair Design

I used to date a chick who was fond of shaving in designs. I could take or leave it, but the joy she got from feeling pretty “down there” made me...

Yesterday, 08:12 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

Nice! We don’t even have kids and getting out of the apartment in favor of a hotel or hot tub can really steam things up for us. I encourage every couple...

Yesterday, 08:10 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to hair loss

Oh man…I’m having crazy hair loss these days, starting about a year ago. My doc says stress is a key factor, but I also started taking vitamin D since...

Yesterday, 08:04 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

When I run out of cool ideas, I get my hubs a nerdy T-shirt. As such, he’s got about 30 of them....

Yesterday, 07:59 PM By Wednesday L.F.
  • Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
    once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X