Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I pregnant!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I pregnant!

Okay so my last period was on October 19 they usually last about a week. On November 13 i got my depo shot, I was told my pregnancy test was negative so they gave me the depo.
    I know the depo shot messes with your period so I didn't worry about not getting my period on the month of November. This month I started my period on the 16th , thorough out this period I have had severe abdominal pain. And I mean horrible pain that even when i put a tampon in, the pain in my abdomin would get worse.
    I seriously didn't think much of it , I figured I didn't get my period last month so the pain must have doubled. Last night when I got up and went to the restroom A BALL of blood (about one inch) came out. That was the scariest thing I have ever seen, it has never happen to me. It was both red and whiteish. Right after that the horrible pain in my abdomin started to go away, and today my period is basically gone.
    I'm really hoping it wasn't a miscarriage. My husband and I have been wanting another baby but we know it wasn't the right time, that's why I got the depo shot. I'm really hoping it was just a blood clot.
    The pain is gone, so I see no need to go to the hospital. Plus I'm really scared they will say it was a miscarriage

• Are you going to see your gynecologist soon?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• It certainly sounds like it could be....but only a doctor could confirm that and if you wait too long I don't think even a doctor could confirm.

If you don't want to know, which I'm assuming you don't based on your comment about not going to the doctor, then just be okay with not knowing. Be prepared for some hormonnal fluctutations due to the shot as you adjust.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• How can you say it's a miscarriage when you are not even pregnant. They give you a depo. They clearly told you about this. I don't think it is going to be part of miscarriage. The pain you had is normal. I have this pain forever. I don't know why. Not any of my friends feel pain like this. Only I have this pain with me. I feel this pain regularly and I don't know any reason for it. This is just devastating. I know it must be for you as well. Don't worry it's nothing to worry about. It's just with some bodies. I think we are destined this way. Just try to take care allot of yourself dear. May you get well soon and me too.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X