Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange “pods” in punani!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange “pods” in punani!

I have been pulling these weird tiny pod-like hard things from the skin of my labia. After a couple months of trying to get rid of them with tea tree oil, I finally resorted to coconut oil and a petroleum-like jelly. My skin is so irritated now and I have what looks like bites. I now pull maybe one pod every 4-5 days.

My symptoms sound like crabs but I haven’t had ANY sexual contact since late August/mid September at the latest and these symptoms started maybe early November. I barely was even having sex in my fledgling monogamous (or at least on my end monogamous) relationship.

I’ve never seen anything that resembled a crab. Is it possible it’s something else?

Id like to post or send an expert a photo but it wouldn’t let me post a photo.

Thank you! Please help!
    Is this a crab nit?
    0%
    What is this?
    0%

• I remember a guy telling me that he once got crabs from trying on pants in a store. I have not seen crabs nits (crabs are a type of lice) but I have seen head lice nits. The ones I have seen are black in color and smaller than the head of a small pin. If you take them and squeeze them between your thumbnails hard enough, you will hear a pop when they burst if there is an egg inside. They look much the same after hatched but will not pop. Search for [pediculosis pubis Wikipedia] and see if the photos look familiar.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Hey girl! I think the best thing to do is to definitely see an OB-GYN. There's no use in self-medicating when you don't know what the problem is. That area is SO SENSITIVE and requires such a delicate ph balance that putting this or that on it can really cause some irritation and discomfort. Get to a doctor to get your issue resolved AND to ease your mind.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Please go and see your OB-GYN as soon as possible! Sounds like something serious which requires appropriate treatment. Unless you go to the doctors/clinic there is a little hope you are getting rid of it.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X