Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sore on clitoral hood

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore on clitoral hood

Hi, im pregnant and for the last week my vulva has been extremely sore especially in the clit area. i have been keeping an eye on it and it seems like i have a sore on my clitoral hood that is getting worse by the day. the pain is so bad, does anyone have any advice on what i can do to help it and stop the pain. thank you

• Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I would recommend using a cool compress to help with the pain but I think it's important to get in to see your OB-GYN as soon as you can.

It COULD be a sore/blister associated with a yeast infection (which, vaginal thrush is very common during pregnancy — shifts in hormonal balance are notorious for making women more susceptible to yeast infections while pregnant) and hopefully, that is all that it is.

That said, it's a good idea to go in for a visit with your doctor just to rule out anything else (such as an STI or other skin condition/rash/irritation of some kind).

Have you noticed any unusual discharge (particularly thick and white), itching, redness, or burning — things associated with yeast infections/thrush? Or is it just a sore on its own that's hurting (with no other symptoms)?

That information can help your doctor to discern what's going on, even just over the phone, but I think it's definitely worth making a call and scheduling a visit as soon as you can, just to know for sure.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
      husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
      I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

Today, 10:35 AM By amy40
    • Reply to How to cope with great menstrual Pain?

If you feel up for it (and it would make total sense if you didn't) try masturbating -- an orgasm can sometimes (for some people) alleviate cramps. If...

Today, 08:56 AM By Kayla Lords
    • Reply to How to cope with great menstrual Pain?

When you experience cramps, consider taking a warm bath or applying a heating pad, hot water bottle, or heating pad because Heat can help relax the muscles...

Yesterday, 10:33 PM By Ronit Raj
    • Reply to My husband wants to watch me have sex with another man

I absolutely agree, Wednesday! These comments have been encouraging and supportive in every way possible. MOLLYBANKMENT, thanks so much for sharing the...

Yesterday, 09:08 PM By Clarisse Q.
    • Reply to purity culture

I wouldn't categorize it as abuse. But, I certainly believe that for any relationship to be completely heathly, sexual compatibility is very important....

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By EmptyNester

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
      husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
      I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

Today, 10:35 AM By amy40
    • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

Yesterday, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
    • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
    • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
    • Holidays and new relationships

I know that every single couple approaches this topic, as well as their relationship, at their own pace. Since it's the holiday season in America, I'd...

11-28-2022, 06:03 PM By atskitty2
    Working...
    X