Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stress and Late Periods?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress and Late Periods?

Lately I have been under an extreme amount of stress and my eating habits have been extremely out of wack. I've been trying to spend time with my boyfriend, school, work, friends, just about anything you can think of! Could this cause my period to be late? I have not had sex, but I've messed around with my boyfriend, and I have not missed any of my birth control pills for several months now. I always start on the same day and now it's the next day and I haven't started yet.

It's strange because I feel like I should have started my period. I've been bloating, cramping, and I had a little break out like I usually do, but there's nothing.
    Like I said I'm just worried because I've been on my birth control for 2 1/2 years and I've always started on a Wednesday and I haven't yet....

Could this really just be stress?
    Someone told me that stress can cause your body to not release the hormones that make you bleed, if that's true, does that mean I'll still feel like I'm on my period?

• Not sure about the period thing

Sorry I cannot help answer your question because I do not use birth control and am not aware of how it works BUT I did have a question. As I was reading your entry it was like a mirror of myself. I'm loaded with stress ALL the time because of work, school, family life, I have 2 days off a month from work and go to school 3 nights a week. Then I have a family at home that I have to take care of. Not to mention cooking, studying, laundry, dishes, etc. What do you do when you are stressed? Do you ever get to the point where you just have a break down and cannot control it?

Comment

• To get a late period started, or to help regulate them, get yourself some fresh ginger root. grate some and make a ginger tea or add it to regular tea. If you bake you coupl make some strong gingert cookies or bread. Ginger promotes bleeding. It can also help labor and casue miscarriages in sensitive women. For more info get the book, The Childbearing Year. It explores a number of natural methods for women's sexual health.

Comment

• Stress can definitely delay your cycle. I'm in the same boat, although I'm not on birth control. I still get the feeling like I'm going to have it, break out, bloating etc. But no period. And I think that worrying about it being late only adds to the problem.

I would keep taking your pills as normal and try to reduce the stress in your life. If you are so stressed out that your body is not functioning as it should, that's a sign you should really slow down and take care of yourself.

good luck.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
        • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
        • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
        • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
        • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X