Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wants me to not wear a bra.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, i thought it was only me!

Originally posted by 2morrow View Post
    I am 122 pounds and am 5'6" I wear a 36 D. or a DD depending on the make. I would never think to go braless, even when I was alot younger. I for one, don't like the staring or the rude comments from some men.. Also my s/o didn't like it, but yours doesn't have a problem with it. You do need the support of a bra, so that when you do get older they aren't hanging at your knees.
    Maybe compromise and go braless at home. There are alot of sexy underwear you can buy, try the cupless basque, they are tres sexy.
    I am 24, 120lb, 5'5, and wear a 34DD. I cant even SLEEP with out a bra, it hurts. I hate going to the GYN for annual because they make me take my bra off. I think if your breast are that big, you should NOT walk around without a bra on in public. I can see how it could be offensive to other women.

Comment

• Originally posted by a_biny08 View Post
      I am 24, 120lb, 5'5, and wear a 34DD. I cant even SLEEP with out a bra, it hurts. I hate going to the GYN for annual because they make me take my bra off. I think if your breast are that big, you should NOT walk around without a bra on in public. I can see how it could be offensive to other women.
      It was a bit painful to begin with, but that goes a way real fast (adaption). I have a hard time to understand why it's so offensive to other women. The reactions i get is surprising, some looks angry or shocked others are blushing. However i can't change the world, so i need to find a compromise.

Comment

• The other women may be wishing they had the guts, the boobs or are worried their men will wish they did! Did a little research here's a quote from the Female Inteligence Agnecy:
        "Bras and breast cancer risk
        Bra-wearing has been linked to breast cancer in a study done by Sidney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer. They found, for example, that women who wore a bra 24 hours a day had a 113-fold increase in breast cancer incidence compared to women who wore bra less than 12 hours daily! They suggest that bras exert enough pressure to the breast and surrounding areas to inhibit the flow of lymph, which then causes toxins and other waste material to remain in the breasts instead of being flushed out.

Now, this effect may be due to the fact that most women just wear the wrong size bra that is too tight somewhere. No one has done any studies investigating how well the bra fits and a possible link to breast cancer. Either way, for your breast health it is better to avoid wearing bras whenever possible, and on those occasions when you do need one, get a real well fitting one that is NOT tight anywhere. You may have to visit a professional bra fitter to really get this done - or get custom-made bras if your breasts are of uneven sizes."

So your bf has done you a healthy favor. Why not go on line, pull up some info, print it out and carry copies to give to women who look in askance?

As for being less noticeable, wearing layers, a vest (this term has diff meanings in diff countries, I'm referring to a sleeveless, front fastening type vest), shelf top, under a button up shirt?

Comment

• My guy also prefers me with no bra, and while Im at home I go without, but Im really mroe comfortable with one on in public. I feel so naked without it and my boobs are a weird shape to begin with (theyre more conical than round, and they spread out to the side instead of hanging down), so a bra gives me more shape and lift which I love.

Comment

• Originally posted by mina View Post
            It was a bit painful to begin with, but that goes a way real fast (adaption). I have a hard time to understand why it's so offensive to other women. The reactions i get is surprising, some looks angry or shocked others are blushing. However i can't change the world, so i need to find a compromise.
            It's surprising to me that you would go out in public without a bra being a DD. Most woman that size don't enjoy it cause of pain short term and side affects such as back problems long term. I suggest wearing a bra just for support, that is a lot of weight your carrying. However if YOU really want to do it go ahead but there is NOTHING you can do to stop someone from reacting to that, to be honest I would react as well it doesn't seem classy to me. It just isn't seen as acceptable/appropriate to most, however ridiculous that seems its the way it is. The best compromise would be to wear one in public but not at home, that should satisfy him enough.

Comment

• From a guy's perspective: go bra-less if you want to, but not because you're boyfriend wants you to. I think its great that you want to please your man this way, but he's probably happy with it cuz it turns him on. And this is, in my opinion, why its generally not appropriate...because it will also turn other guys on. I can only assume that's why you get dirty looks from other women. These days a lot of women wear very revealing clothing, so I'm not sure where the line exits anymore. I'm not saying its necessarily a bad thing to show off your body, but as a society we should have standards. If everybody wanted to walk around naked all day I could probably get used to it, but I'd also probably be thinking about sex the whole time too. In the end, you might not care if some other guy fantasizes about your DD's later, but his wife or girlfriend might. Do what you feel is appropriate and what you're comfortable with. best of luck.

Comment

• Have you ever caught your boyfriend looking at another woman not wearing a bra? That will happen. How will it make you feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetAsian View Post
                  It's surprising to me that you would go out in public without a bra being a DD. Most woman that size don't enjoy it cause of pain short term and side affects such as back problems long term. I suggest wearing a bra just for support, that is a lot of weight your carrying. However if YOU really want to do it go ahead but there is NOTHING you can do to stop someone from reacting to that, to be honest I would react as well it doesn't seem classy to me. It just isn't seen as acceptable/appropriate to most, however ridiculous that seems its the way it is. The best compromise would be to wear one in public but not at home, that should satisfy him enough.
                  I just had pain the first two or three days i went braless, after that i was pain free. I have read that this is a common occurrence. So sorry, i don't feel any pain at all by walking braless. Running is something else, that's painfully regardless. When it comes to posture and back problems many claims the opposite is true. At least i don't have a posture problem.

"to be honest I would react as well"

OK, but how would you react ?
                  If you met me in a social event and i was wearing my favorite clothing, a jeans and a plaid shirt. Would you approach me and point out that my breasts was jiggling under the shirt ? What about other woman, wearing a thong or a short skirt would you react to that also. If not, why is being braless so provocative? And why is it that woman who gets provoked, also seems to stare their eyeballs out?

Comment

• So... if you were walking down the street and you noticed a woman did not have a bra (her bra size could be AA or K, it doesn't matter) underneath her top - what would you think?
                    And if it were your friend who confessed she didn't?
                    Would you go commando breasts?
                    To those saying saggy - These bras actually are a factor that doesn't prevent 'sagginess' all that much, in fact even promote it. That is, some people are genetically more predisposed to being saggy than others, and wearing a bra will not put it off much more / not wear it make your breasts sag quicker. does the opinion remain the same?
                    Last edited by jns; 07-27-2022, 10:51 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

Okay, let's just break this down. Sex is not to be confused with love. Sex is a mechanical act that can be performed in a variety of ways. This will just...

Today, 08:34 AM By Claret

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
                      husband has tried to replicate it
                      however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
                    • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
                    • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
                      husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
                      I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
                    • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
                    • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
                    • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
                    Working...
                    X