Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Some Honeymoon Advice

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your attitude is great, and there is nothing wrong with educating yourself and trying to be prepared and making her as comfortable as possible. Its just a good thing to keep in mind that those awesome love scenes in movies take dozens of takes so that no one is taking an elbow to the chin or a stilletto kick to the forehead changing positions (that stuff happens lol!!) no one in movies is like right at the perfect moment "wait wait wait, I gotta peee real quick!!"... but, yeah, that happens! In movies they are not like .. my knee just fell asleep! hopping off the bed and bouncing around ... but that happens, lol... in movies no one accidentally farts during a tender cuddle moment after.

I just agree so much with the person that says rip up any ideas of okay first i'm going to do this, and then her response will be that.. and then I will move on to this... because you just want to enjoy the moment for what it is, having it all planned out leaves room for it not living up to your expectations. Fantasizing about what MIGHT happen... is natural... but preparing for specific outcomes and expectations will just put pressure on you and her to live up to something that is so beautiful in and of itself it needs to not be worried about

Its so exciting that you both have saved yourself for this moment... and I've never known anyone that has a 'lost my virginity' story that played out like it does in a romance novel... rolling in a field of hay that somehow doesn't end up sticking to their hind ends!! Most people its clumsy, its awkward... but doing it with the one you love?? All that clumsy and awkward will just make it all that more endearing... because neither of you needs to impress each other, you already thing each other is the most awesome person in the world for you. And besides... you have the whole rest of your lives to figure each other out sexually!
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaharaJim View Post
      Just a slight suggestion....maybe you already know.....but take the AGENDA which you may have all planned out ....and toss it into the trash.
      I agree. Take your time and observe your wife's reactions to what you are doing. Let that be your guide to what to do next or what to repeat. Let your wife lead at times and listen to what she is saying.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Anything I have not thought of
        Red, Rose petals on the bed, she'll see the romantic side of that And, if you can, a couple of white candles....

Also, congratulations, it's fantastic that you want it to be so special.
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeless Dork View Post
          Most people its clumsy, its awkward... but doing it with the one you love?? All that clumsy and awkward will just make it all that more endearing... because neither of you needs to impress each other, you already thing each other is the most awesome person in the world for you. And besides... you have the whole rest of your lives to figure each other out sexually!
          I'm definitely on the same page with this. I haven't tried to memorize the kama sutra yet for this very reason. I figure that we can both learn about technique together, when the time comes to actually practice it.

Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
          Red, Rose petals on the bed, she'll see the romantic side of that And, if you can, a couple of white candles....
          How in the world did I forget the rose petals and the candles?! Rookie mistake, I guess...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X