Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sex during pregnacy

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex during pregnacy

Hello. I haven't had sex in 8 months. Every time I tried to have sex it didn't work. Because it just doesn't feel right when there is a baby in the womb. Right now she is 8 months pregnant. Are we allowed to have sex during pregnancy? I've got two more months to go. I don't think I can wait that long. What should I do? Then after she gave birth to the baby she might want to wait until her vagina gets better. Which it will take another month? I want to know how deep will surgeons cut the vagina in order for the baby to come out. After the vagina has been heal and we had sex will I still feel the vagina with my or no. I know sometime when you put it in and sometime it doesn't have any feeling after the hole is bigger. I think I asked this question before, but I'm not sure though.

• Sex during pregnancy is not harmful to the baby or the mother, you are in the clear, until it gets within a couple of weeks of her due date because it can induce early labor. But if she's not comfortable doing it then you should respect that. If she is 8 months now then she only has 1 month to go, not 2.

Comment

• If we have sex during the couple weeks off her pregnancy when it is about on the due. Why will it it induce an early labor? Also my wife wants to know if we have sex a lot will it help her with her labor more easier. Thank you.

Comment

• Well if she orgasms it causes the uterus to have mild contractions, which in turn can trigger stronger contractions associated with labor. Having frequent sex during pregnancy has no effect on how the labor will be. Also keep in mind she won't be able to have sex for about 6 weeks after delivery.

Comment

• A cesarean section is cutting through the abdominal wall and the uterus wall to birth the baby. It is not cutting of the vagina. If a natural birth is done, the doctor may cut the vagina to give more room if needed. This called an episiotomy and it is done on the tissue between the vagina and anus, making sure not to cut the anus. This is done because the opening of the vagina sometimes cannot expand enough for the birth without tearing. It is no longer done routinely.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• You can have sex during pregnancy, although during the late stages you might want to limit how deep you penetrate, for obvious reasons.
            But I know you can have sex until the baby is due. Just don't ask me how I know...

Comment

• As above, no problems during pregnancy, although position is more of an issue at the later stage.

Afterwards, there are alternatives to penetration. Time, energy and sleep will be other things you probably find get in the way.

Comment

• im now 32 weeks pregnant and have led a normal sex life throughout and plan to do so until birth! aslong as there is no medical issues then there is no problem and no harm will come to mother or baby...only advice is to find a position that is comfortable for mummy 2 be.....relax and enjoy!
                x~There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy......Her heart!~x

x~the wench~x

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X